Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

noise when reversing slowly

Old 09-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Default noise when reversing slowly

I have been back to my dealer about the noise when reversing slowly and turning the steering wheel i was told that they were positive the noise was caused due to the steering rack and my car was booked to go in and get this replaced (i was filled with confidence when i was told that they dont know how long it would take because they had never done one before and did not know what was involved) but i have since had a phone call from them saying mazda acknowledges the problem and they say it is due to power steering pipes and mazda are reproducing them and i will get them replaced as soon as

Old 09-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Default RE: noise when reversing slowly

Could you tell us what year and model your mazda 5 is? Where are you from? It would be nice to know from which country the posters are from because cars vary from country to country

Old 09-18-2007, 02:33 PM

My mazda5 Furano is a 56 plate registered Sept 06 and i come from Scotland

Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 PM

Hi,

Ihave the same problem and the noise is getting worse, i have 56 diesel sport, at first i was told by the dealer that they were going to change the steering rack, but then it changed and i was told that MazdaUK have a solution to the problem and that theyare waiting for the info to be sent from them, i phone weekly and keep getting told the same thing, which is that they can't get no reply from Mazda UK by phone or e-mail, which is sounding like the norm

Dean

Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 AM

Hi,
same problem on our 56 diesel sport. Took it in for a service today and flagged up the problem, and the reaction was "that will be the steering rack then". As I've said elsewhere, it is very like resonance in hydraulic system pipework, but I'm not familiar enough with this system to be sure, and why only when reversing? Collecting the car pm today and will post what the outcome was.

Dave

Old 12-21-2007, 11:40 AM

Hi all, did anyone ever get any satisfaction over this problem? My car will be going in for its 25,000 service in January, and I'd love them to be able to fix this. At the last service they just looked at me like I was imagining things!

Different topic: -4C here today, boy was my front suspension noisy! Sounded like an old wreck. Heater kept me warm tho. Cheers all, Happy Christmas, drive safely.

Dave.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:52 AM

Freezing while I was driving through Essex last night, the rear suspension was very noisy (hasn't done that before) but the front was quiet - they replaced tha AR bar bushes and "lubed" the front suspension last winter (whatever that means!).

Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 AM

Hi all
Got the same problem with my 57 plate furano 2ltr petrol only done 1200 miles so why plus some times its hard to get into reverse ant been back to dealers yet but will do any suggestions.. Thanks

Old 01-02-2008, 10:51 AM

Hi all

Car has been back into garage to get a fix which was to replace a power steering pipe and so far so good will let you all know

Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM

So, four weeks later, has the new pipe fixed the problem?

Dave

(Happy New Year to all our readers)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: noise when reversing slowly