Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda Added Protection Plan-Got it? Want it? Need it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Default Mazda Added Protection Plan-Got it? Want it? Need it?

New to this forum...so Hello!

I signed an agreement on Saturday for a 2006 Mazda 5 GT. The vehicle won't be available for 2 to 3 months (no big deal) but I've got a question for you.....Have any of you purchased the Mazda Added Protection Plan? Do you see any benefits to this? I'm in metro Toronto and since it's a new car type, I'm wondering about purchasing an extended warranty. Thoughts? Ideas? Feedback?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Default RE: Mazda Added Protection Plan-Got it? Want it? Need it?

I'm planning on Purchasing in June or July ( when ever the GST cut arrives) But what I'm really holding back on is crash-test results. I Haven't been able to find any yet. I have a 2 year old and one on the way, so these are of paramount interest to me. But Generally speacking, extended warranties are a way for the dealership to make extra profit. All that hard work you did, haggling on the price ( you did use carcostcanada.com didn't you??) goes up in smoke in the extended warranty.

One thing I've learned over the years is generally speaking, Asian cars are pretty hard to kill, If you maintain them, they far outlast anything built by a NA manufacturer!

Woohoo, a timing chain!!! nothing to replace there!

Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Default RE: Mazda Added Protection Plan-Got it? Want it? Need it?

I went through the APA to purchase the car and get my trade appraised. The Mazda 5 won't be delivered until Late May or Early June so I've got time to continue checking into a couple of things, one being the Added Protection Plan. I haven't seen any threads on this topic aside from 'Beware'.