Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 leaking water into the cabin, help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Default Mazda 5 leaking water into the cabin, help!

Hey there- is appreciate any help with this issue! A few months ago somebody smashed the smaller window on my passenger side sliding door. I had the window replaced.. And then winter time in Seattle came (it's very wet here, for those that don't know). Long story short, water leaks into my cabin (lots of it) and condenses on all of the interior windows.. Sometimes it freezes, and their will be a quarter inch of ice on all of the inside windows. It's a pain, and dangerous to drive.. The Mazda dealership charged me $500 for a diagnostic, and said it appeared that the interior channels of the sliding door, which are designed to guide water down, and out of the car were bent. Short of replacing the whole door, what are my options? Can I caulk the window shut? Drill holes in the floorboard near the door? Help! I can provide more details if needed.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:28 PM

Who replaced the window? They should not have bent anything, if they did take it back to them. Are there little drains at the inside bottom of the door. If there are take something like a toothpick and push up in there to try to clear them.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:53 PM

the Mazda dealership replaced the window. When I took it back to them to fix the problem, they said the frame had already been bent (probably when the window was smashed) and there wasn't a whole lot they could do to fix the problem, because they don't do body work.. They took three days to diagnose the problem, then charged me $500 for several leak tests... Needless to say, I will not be bringing the car back to them, hence this post.. Holes do not seem to be blocked.