Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Hoping for guidance finding the AC Drain Hose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Default Hoping for guidance finding the AC Drain Hose?

I have an '07 Mazda 5 with the wet passenger seat floor after using the AC. Running the AC produces no water underneath the car, so I'm struggling to find the actual drain hose location.

Does anyone have a photo, or would it be possible to get some guidance in finding it? Any help would be really apprecaited.

Thanks!

Old 07-05-2021, 04:00 AM
Default Mazda 5 AC drain location

The AC condenser is located under the center shifter. You can access it by removing the passenger side kick panel next you your left foot (if sitting in passenger seat). It pops out easily by pulling on it.

Once removed you will see a white colored plastic at the top and a black tube attached to it that comes down about 4 inches and is attached at a lower point. This is what you are looking for, remove the black tube and inspect it for clogs.

Mine was clogged in the condenser itself, and when I poked a thin tube in the drain clock (that the black tube hooks too), water began gushing out - about 3 or 4 12 oz coffee cups worth. This was the main cause of water leaking in the passenger footwell. I also poked the thin plastic tube in the lower drain **** just to ensure it didn't have a blockage on that end either.

This solved my issue and I hope it solves yours.
Water was dripping from this corner of the AC condenser unit

This is the location of the drain hose

The AC drain was clogged on mine, however check both ends.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:56 AM

GOOD PICTURES ^^^^^^^^^^

Changing the cabin filter in vehicle more frequently prevent the drain from becoming restricted.