Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Hi and any comments??!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Default Hi and any comments??!

Hi

Just joined the 5 club. I picked up a 55 plate 1.8 TS2 just over a week ago. First thing is I'm throughly enjoying drving the car. This is my first Mazda and my first MPV. Must say I'm impressed with the drive and the handling - much less 'busier' than i thought it might be.

Anyway, the car has developed 2 problems.

Firstly it would appear as of the near side rear shock absorber is noisy. The dealer has looked at it and says its as it expected it to be but accepts it creates a dull thudding noise that sounds through the cabin. At first I thought the exhaust must be loose but apparetnly not.

Secondly the alarm seems to sound for no apparent reason. I'll mention this to the dealer when i take it in but am predicting that they'll not find a fault particulary as it is intermittent.

Although i have no reason to believe the dealer won't fix/look into either issue I'd like other peoples experiences on either issue as going in 'armed' is far better.

cheers and look forward to your comments!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Default RE: Hi and any comments??!

If youve a noisy shock absorber they should replace both of them. You can't tell whether a shock absorber is working properley just by doing a visual inspection or bouncing the car. There are other things on the rear suspension that can make thudding noises but a shock absorber is favourite.

When they look at the alarm system their WDS diagnostics might tell them why the alarm was last actvated. If it does then it should be relatively easy to find the fault, if not it will be a bit trickier so you may need to be patient.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Default RE: Hi and any comments??!

well its certainly not my favourite.....oh i see what you mean.

I think they are doing both to be honest so thanks anyway. I'll ask them to run the check as suggested on the alarm log.

thanks again and for the recrod I've done a couple of 100 miles and 4 new tires and they still look hardly worn. by the sounds of things this could be a new record!LOL