Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Electric window switches not working on driver's door

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Default Electric window switches not working on driver's door

Problem started today. Car has not been used for a couple of days. It was very cold this morning. When i tried to start the car it struggled. It felt like the battery was flat, dashboard lights went off, the engine turned sluggishly, then started. When the engine was started the needles on the speedo and rev dials turned clockwise to read maximum speed/revs then settled back to zero then went back to normal. This is the first time it happened.

Now on the driver's door only the driver's electric window switch works. Other three are dead. The electric window switch on the other doors work, it is just i can't open them using the switches on the driver's door.

The car now starts perfectly, i have checked the fuses and operations of all lights/horn/wipers and no problems there.

The problem with the electric switches is still there.

Any idea what happened?

Last edited by wazza; 01-06-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:42 AM

Wazza, i had this problem with the front passenger window, my dealer suggested that the windows need resetting, it work for me.

Open the window on the respective door, hold the button down, until you hear a click, then close the window, holding the button up, again, until you here a click.

Should now work from the drivers side, follow again with the remaining windows.

Good luck!!

Copier Doctor

Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Default Solved

After fully recharging the battery i had reset the windows as instructed in the manual. Now all four switches on the driver's door work.

Excellent :-)