Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

2008 Mazda 5 grand touring electric windows

Old 02-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Default 2008 Mazda 5 grand touring electric windows

I needed to bang out some door bends from being backed into by another car, so I took the door apart. I removed the motor from the regulator so I could slide the panel out of the way. unfortunately the regulator spool where the window cables wind up popped out of the regulator housing. So, I figured out how it went back together and respooled them and put the motor back on but when I moved the switch it all came back apart again. The spool is a white plastic drum with grooves for the cable to wind around in. Once I had them all wound on there it seemed like there was a retaining lip? missing? to keep the drum in the housing, and fully wound with tension on it. I understand that once it is bolted back against the motor side they should stay together and the wires should stay in the drum side so it can go up and down. Mine did not stay in the drum side and came all apart again. I did notice the tabs for the regulator to line up with on the panel. So, what gives? Is the regulator shot? am I doing it wrong? Or what? Thanks in advance.