Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Turn Signal Flasher Location

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turn Signal Flasher Location

Wow Richard that's the first I've heard of anyone needing a resistor wired to their brake light. Honestly I don't see why you would need one to keep the cruise control working as AFAIK it should continue to work even if the brake lights go out (i.e. vastly decreased resistance).

Old 09-28-2008, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: icspots

Wow Richard that's the first I've heard of anyone needing a resistor wired to their brake light. Honestly I don't see why you would need one to keep the cruise control working as AFAIK it should continue to work even if the brake lights go out (i.e. vastly decreased resistance).
I think because the less voltage and/or wattage to light up the LED's a bump that bounces the brake petal a little bit that would not light up the normal bulbs will light the LED's completing the brake circuit, I have a load resister in my LED lights on my work truck (mounted on the Cab Shield)for the same reason, the cruise would kick off.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

I think because the less voltage and/or wattage to light up the LED's a bump that bounces the brake petal a little bit that would not light up the normal bulbs will light the LED's completing the brake circuit, I have a load resister in my LED lights on my work truck (mounted on the Cab Shield) for the same reason, the cruise would kick off.
Okay well the physical movement of the pedal makes sense.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:35 PM

I plan for now to keep the side markers as TF bulbs, so would I need to put a resistor in each one of those as well to keep the rapid flash away? I'm hoping not, since I only ordered 4 of the resistors. This is what I bought: http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481
Will those be good enough? They are 50 watt 6 ohm resistors.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 04Mazda3Sport

I plan for now to keep the side markers as TF bulbs, so would I need to put a resistor in each one of those as well to keep the rapid flash away? I'm hoping not, since I only ordered 4 of the resistors. This is what I bought: http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481
Will those be good enough? They are 50 watt 6 ohm resistors.
AFAIK you won't need to add resistors into the side markers even if you make them LED as long as you have load resistors on the front signals. The side markers are tapped off of the front signals.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:37 PM

Thank god. That was news I was wanting to hear. I'm glad you happen to be one of the bearers of good news.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Wow Richard that"s the first I"ve heard of anyone needing a resistor wired to their brake light. Honestly I don"t see why you would need one to keep the cruise control working as AFAIK it should continue to work even if the brake lights go out (i.e. vastly decreased resistance).
Believe me, I was hoping I wouldn't need one either, but w/LED bulbs in the tails and third BL too, I was getting bleed over through the turn signals. When I used the turns, the thirdBL would dimly flash w/them. Anyway, that was enough for the cruise to think I had tapped the brake pedal and disconnect, or so it seemed to me. Added the resistor and no more problems. Before the LED third, no problems either.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Plenty, though their prices are not the best I"ve seen. 50 watt is overkill, but will work fine.
You don't have to get the ballasts that these people sell. You can do it much, much cheaper by going to an electronics store and getting a regular ceramic resister. You have to come up w/a way to mount it and you would have to solder the leads.I"ll save the $7-$10/ea and buy the same thing for $1 and do my own work to them.

edit: MAANNNN!!! I just looked again at some of their prices and they are HIGH!!!! $40 forONE bulb!!!
Try this site next time: http://autolumination.com/

Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Lev

I would use The Xenon store http://www.thexenonstore.com/ledbulbs.php Their prices are cheaper and he has a few other Mazda 3 goodies.