Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Question about a Cracked Windshield...

Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Default Question about a Cracked Windshield...

Yep...My windshield got cracked by an egg size stone fallen off a truck in front of me in freeway...

My insurance will replace it with no out of pocket cost to me... my question, is there a stronger/harder glass made here in America that you "KNOW" is better or should I go with OEM Mazda glass in my dealer..?? what is your suggestion..??

Thanks In advance for any input..

Last edited by Alvandd; 02-13-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 PM

Harder glass will just crack or shatter better, just get the normal replacement and you will be fine. The only way to make your windshield rock proof is to get bullet resistant glass but then you will be dealing with modifying your car to fit the much thicker "glass". BTW if you happened to get the plate of the truck alot of companies carry insurance for incidents like this, just need the time, place, truck number and what you got hit with (rock in your case) and they will foot the bill.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 PM

I guess I will go with Mazda brand...

I called the company that owns the truck and gave them all the info..they wrote back that rock could not be proven to have fallen off their truck therefore, they are not responsible and my claim case is closed...
My insurance will pay for the replacement But, like you say, the trucking company should foot the bill not my Insurance...It makes me real mad thinking of it !!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Banned

This is exactly why i give dump trucks, construction vehicles a longer following distance than normal!