Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Pairing hands free - Bluetooth - Security Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Default Pairing hands free - Bluetooth - Security Code

I was trying to pair my device to the hands free system in my '10 Mazda3 and it keeps asking for the 'security code'...Yet, I don't see it anywhere in the owners manual...Even called the dealer and they couldn't give me a straight answer either

Anyone familiar with this?...Is it a standard factory set code to begin with?

Old 09-16-2009, 05:36 PM

I'm not to familiar with the 2010 tech, but most Bluetooth devices will ask for a security code.

Enter it on the device that asks for it first, then the second device should ask for the same thing, enter it on there.

It does not matter what number you enter, it works just as well with 0000, or 1111, 1234, etc.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:31 PM

I just picked up my new '10 3 today with Tech and spent a good chunk of the afternoon messing with Bluetooth. In the owners manual there is a extensive section on how to do this. I think it takes default codes of 0000 or 1234 on your other device (phone etc.). The salesman paired my phone for me using the voice menu, he did it quickly and I don't recall him doing anything on the phone at all.
I think the way it works is that if your other device has a pairing code of 0000 or 1234 the car will find it automatically when you go into pairing mode. If the device has some other code, when you are in the pairing menu on the car there is a way to enter a different code using the radio station preset buttons to change the pair code on the car to match the device you're trying to pair. Hope this helps.
I was trying to pair a BT Ipod adapter with my Ipod to the car. I could not get it to pair, the BT adapter was a cheap one and I have a feeling that is the problem not the car.
I think according to the owners manual there is also a dedicated website for BT issues, I think it was www.mazdausa.com/bluetooth.
Good luck!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Smile Link bt

First, hit the Speak button on the steering wheel.
Say "Setup" and Follow the menu to Pairing Options.
When you get to pair mode it will ask you what pin you want to use.
All you need to do is give it a 4 number pin. After the car gets your information go into your phones Bluetooth section and SEARCH for a device. When it finds Mazda it will ask you for the pin that YOU SAID. Just enter your number and you will be linked.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:30 PM

I agree after trying both methods it is easier to pair using the voice command menu. After spending some time trying to pair a Motorola Razr, I found that the pairing request has to initiate from the device (phone). This particular phone has both a "find me" and "find devices" mode. I put it into "find me" (discoverable) mode and the car would not find it. When I switched over to "find devices" mode it paired immediately and the phone asked for the pairing code that I spoke. That probably explains why I could not get the Ipod BT adapter to pair, as there is no interface on the Ipod to enter the code or initiate the pair, and the car evidently only does a passive mode; receives requests to pair only, does not initiate them.