Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

no key hole on the passenger door

Old 11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: no key hole on the passenger door

^ ^ ^ [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]^ ^ ^

Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM

lol... i think this is one thing that didnt bother anyone. what kind of thread is this that everyone seems to agree??!?? you know what?!?! I WISH THEY HADE INSTALLED KEY HOLES ON ALLLLLL THE DOORS! AND THE TRUNK TOO!!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: eastcoaster

What the? r u talking about.. there is a key on the pass door. NOT the rear doors, but dif on the pass door... 07 Has lock. how the hell would you get in?
The only place to insert your key is on the driver side. No other key holes (i.e. front passenger, back doors and for those fourtunate enough to have a hatch back; no key hole there as well.)

Old 11-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1funride.... and for those fourtunate enough to have a hatch back; no key hole there as well.)
Unless you have a European 3. They have keyholes on the hatch door.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:46 PM

The time I noticed is when my keyfob went for crap. Without the keyfob, not having the passenger door lock was a major pain. How many times did I walk up to the car, (In the week the key fobs didn't work) on the passenger side to put something in. Pain. Thank goodness the keyfobs fixed themselves.

Grief.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

lol... i think this is one thing that didnt bother anyone. what kind of thread is this that everyone seems to agree??!?? you know what?!?! I WISH THEY HADE INSTALLED KEY HOLES ON ALLLLLL THE DOORS! AND THE TRUNK TOO!!
i have one on my trunk. but im surprised that there is not one for the trunk on the hatchback. thats interesting.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

No need imo. The key fob releases and unlocks it.
Take THAT, sedan owners!! Hatches ROCK!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

We have TWICE as many keyholes, and a trunk. Sounds like we have MORE.

Question for station wagon owners ... if all your doors were unlocked, and your electrics went down - how would you lock your hatchback door?

Old 11-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

Question for
station wagon owners ... if all your doors were unlocked, and your electrics went down - how would you lock your hatchback door?
I HOPE you're not talking to me, 'cause I don'town a station wagon.
I drive a 5-door, or a hatchback as most owners call them.

I see only one key hole in the vehicle's outer body as an advantage... some of which I addressedearlier in this thread. And, no keyhole messin' w/the rear door makes for a much cleaner, less conservative look.

Well, it's like this: How often is that liable to happen? How long is that liable to be a problem? I'd be wanting to get power restored ASAP or the vehicle would be useless to me, right? A simple jump-start would allow all doors to be secured, including the hatch.
V
V
V
And... (are you ready for the kicker?) Near the center of the interior panel of the hatch is a pop out plug that allows access to the lock mechanism. It could be popped out, closed and locked from the inside of the car by simply by lowering one of the rear seat backs.

So there, Cee-Dan owner!! [sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=gobble.gif] [sm=goodidea.gif][sm=laughat.gif] [sm=pcwhack.gif][sm=owned.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

j/k UBM, j/k.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Question for station wagon owners ... if all your doors were unlocked, and your electrics went down - how would you lock your hatchback door?
station wagon!?!?!? STATION WAGON!!?!?!?!? STATION WAGON?!?!?!?!!?!? STATION WAGON?!?!?!!?!?!?!? STATION WAGON?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?STATION WAGON?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? no comment....... wait! one comment! forget you!!! (the mazda 3 sedan looks like a clown car! there i said it!!! lol)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: no key hole on the passenger door