Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

no key hole on the passenger door

Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Default no key hole on the passenger door

I just came to be aware of this....there's no key hole on the passenger door. Only one key hole on the driver side door. Or at least this is the case for my 07 3i AT, does your MZ3 have hey hole on the passenger door. It's not a big issue, my other cars have both key holes. Don't want to make anyone to go look in the rain and cold.....if you happen to notice it, please chime in.
________
Live Sex

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: no key hole on the passenger door

No Mazda 3's have keyholes on the passenger side. Only the driver's side.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

That is correct. They are all like that... even my beloved '04.
Funny but it took me about 6 months of ownership to realize that too. W/central locking, and one acess into the interior I figure you don;t really need another. And it saves them cost, and improves wind resistance over the body... although I'm sure not by too much. Hey, every little bit helps imo. It also looks much cleaner than having a bunch of bleeding (lubricant) lock cylinders all over the car too.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM

No key lock for the hatch as well.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM

What the? r u talking about.. there is a key on the pass door. NOT the rear doors, but dif on the pass door... 07 Has lock. how the hell would you get in?

Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

God (and Mazda too) gave us central locking. Plus, if you hold the key for a little longer when you manuallyunlock the driver's side door, the other doors will also unlock. That assumes of course that there is still power in the battery.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:49 PM

well considering i have the keyless entry it doesnt bother me one bit. in fact i never notice it. basically i click the button.. the car opens. i click it twice. all doors open. woo . i dont think itsa big problem in fact it looks better because the handle looks better this way

Old 11-15-2007, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: eastcoaster

What the? r u talking about.. there is a key on the pass door. NOT the rear doors, but dif on the pass door... 07 Has lock. how the hell would you get in?
If you have a keyhole on the passenger side, you have the only M3 ever made that has one. You should auction your car on Ebay.

You would get invia inserting your key in the driver's side door, orusing your remote ... or maybe crawling in through the trunk ...

Old 11-15-2007, 09:25 PM

THAT IS NOW HOW I AM GOING TO GET INTO MY CAR FROM NOW ON. i am going to go through my trunk every time to go to my car lmfao. its gonna be soo ghetto. yay for me thinking of stupid things to do with the free time i have lol

Old 11-16-2007, 03:32 AM

No front passenger door keyhole on my '07 MS3. I also think it looks better, though I honestly hadn't noticed until I made a point to look after having read your post.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: no key hole on the passenger door