Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Need new engine mount. How much should i expect to pay?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Lev
Default Need new engine mount. How much should i expect to pay?

I have an 05 mazda 3s. I know i have a faulty engine mount, and i would like to know how much i should expect to pay to replace it? When i was having my oil changed, i asked the mechanic to check my engine mounts. He said one was bad. He also told me that i should replace all of them since the other two have more stress on them. Should i replace the others, or is he just saying that to make more money? When i do get them replaced, i will be going to different mechanics to find a reasonable price. I just want to know a ballpark figure of how much i should expect to pay, so i know if im being ripped off and if all the mounts should get replaced?

Thanks in advance

Lev.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 PM

well first off your NOT supposed to ever expect to replace a motor mount, check and make sure that there isnt a recall for your year. Which motor mount did he say was faulty and for that matter you cant just look at one and say its bad unless you take it off, this guy dont sound straight up if you ask me. But if you feel you need to have one replaced just call around some dealerships and ask for an invoice, depending which one needs to be replaced it can be pretty simple (i know i can do two of them w/o out much stress and the right tools)

Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

It's probably the fluid filled RS mount, and I know several people, including me, that have had it replaced @ least once. Mine developed a crack in it's fluid "bag," lost all the fluid and was riding virtually metal to metal causing an annoying vibration at speed.
From a dealer, and IIRC, they retail for around $90. Med Center has them for $73.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda3-motor-mount.html

You might consider an aftermarket mount from several sources though? They might just last a little longer. These seem to be the weak link in the 3's drivetrain, particularly the 2.3L cars.
And no, I doubt you would need to replace all three together.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:07 PM

I didnt know that the right side mount was fluid filled that seems to be kind of idiotic to me considering the ridiculous amount of motor movement on acceleration and start up. The aftermarket ones ive came across were all polyurethane and i figured the stockers were just your standard rubber bands, not only that the aftermarket ones i believe dont come in comfort option meaning if you go that route you will notice motor vibrations.

And no its not the 2.3l that have the failing motor mount problem...its ALL mazdas

Old 06-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Lev

Thanks a lot fellas. I know that the 04-05 models had this faulty engine mount,and the past few months i've been noticing more vibrations. That's why i asked him to check. I only go to that mechanic for New Yor state inspections, because he will pass my car. I go to a different mechanic that is reliable and reasonably priced. I recently had all 4 brake pads, the front brake rotors, and the oil changed for $370. Not too bad. Thanks for the input. If i find out that the mount is the passenger side, then i will purchase the mount from the website Richard. Thanks again

Lev