Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

MPH Specific Vibration, Pulses when in R turn

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Default MPH Specific Vibration, Pulses when in R turn

Hello,

I have a 2014 Mazda3 Hatchback with 45k miles on it. It has not been in an crashes. It is a commuting car that is subjected to approx 80 miles per day up and down the highway. It has hit some potholes, but none that I remember being terrible.

I have the factory wheels (aluminum) and factory tires. I have checked for movement in the front tires and did not notice any. The tires are rotated every 10k miles, but have not been balanced or aligned since purchase one and a half years ago. The tires have not been rotated since this vibration started about a month ago.

The ride is very smooth until I get to 51mph and then a slight humming/vibration can be heard. It is more heard then felt, but some slight vibration can be felt in the pedals and the steering wheel. The humming/vibration stops at 54mph. Whether I am accelerating, decelerating, or maintaining does matter. So long as I stay in that range the issue persists. The noise seems to be coming from the front of the car.

If I turn the wheel to the right, the noise/vibration changes from a constant sound to a pulse. It is about one second on and one second off. It repeats so long as the wheel is turned to the right and I am in that mph zone.

All vibration stops if I hit the brakes.

Has anyone been through this issue before? Does anything jump out to someone?