Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda color and VIN decoders?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Default Mazda color and VIN decoders?

Hi all,
First post here, gonna be trading the wife's Santa Fe in on a Mazda 3s 4 door shortly. The local dealers' websites don't give a lot of feature info, and some of it's even wrong, so I was hoping y'all might know of an online paint code and/or VIN decoder list. I've got quite a few so I wouldn't want to keep bothering any of you by posting/PM'ing them [sm=smiley24.gif].

Thanks,
Jeff K.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Default RE: Mazda color and VIN decoders?

Do not know of any outside of Mazda computer that would give you that much information. Would not be a bother at all as long as you had a fax that I could send the information pages to.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 PM

What do you want from the VIN numbers, car information such as specs or vehicle history such as accidents and repairs. If you want vehicle history, Carfax is one of the best, but if you want car information, you can go to Mazda's website, then go to owners at the top of the USA page, enter some information to get your account setup and then it lets you add the VIN numbers. Just make sure that once you are done with the VIN numbers you delete it from your account so that if someone buys the car besides you, they can add the car to their profile

Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 AM

He wants to decode via VIN all those numbers mean somehting you know for example the beginning of my VIN

JM1FC3323H0XXXXXX

JMI=mazda passenger vehicle
FC= rx7 series
33=coupe
2= turbo
3H= I forgot wah tthese mean
0= hiroshima assymbly plant
XXXXXX= I.D. of specific car

Old 06-10-2006, 02:23 AM

VIN search thru the Mazda computer system will give way more info than that. All accessories, color, interior, who bought, who sold, what has been claimed or replaced under warranty, etc. The VIN does give some info about where built and engine etc but if you can enter the number into Mazda database then there is much more base knowledge available. I can tell you the day it was built, sold, who sold it, what it came with, what has been done to it, who is the current listed owner, etc.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Default VIN? is this the same as chassie number??

is the VIN the same as the Chassie number thats usually under the bonnet... as i am from New Zealand and have a Mazda Axela 05 and there is nothing on the top right or the dash or on the drivers door only tire pressure and tire sizes info

can some one plz help

Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 PM

I want to findout weather my car has a computer in it that supports DIS as i want to replace my radio but there no info on my car anywhere....

its a 05 Mazda Axela limited edition 20s (sound and leather)

Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 AM

if i supply someone my chassie number or VIN can they tell me if my computer computer supports driver infomation system cause that would be fantastic ....

Old 11-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Default Best vin decoder

There are plenty of decoders online where you can check your vin number.
Just did a quick search on mazda vin decoder for you and this one showed up : VIN decoder, VIN Information, Mazda Automotive VIN, Vehicle Identification Number - AutomotiveVIN.com

Old 11-06-2013, 05:17 PM

VIN read through the Mazda pc method will deliver a lot more information as compared to that. The VIN may allow some info regarding wherever developed along with serps and so forth however when you can enter in the amount into Mazda databases subsequently there's far more foundation knowledge available.

Quick Reply: Mazda color and VIN decoders?