Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 Alarm Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:39 AM
Default Mazda 3 Alarm Problem

Hello

I just bought a Mazda 3 and have had the alarm turned down to its lowest sensitivity from the dealership. The problem is that the alarm still goes off during the early hours of the morning for no reason at all! [:@]

From reading other posts, disabling the alarm is not recommended as it may void warranty etc. So what do you recommend I do to stop this thing going off? It is booked in for the Mazda service dept. to have a look over it but not for another 3 days. I, nor my neighbours can take another distressful night.

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance

Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mazda 3 Alarm Problem

Mazda3's don't have a factory alarm system, or even an (factory) accessory add-on alarm.They have a disabling system. i.e.Should the wrong key be used to try and start the car, the ignition is cut off for 5mins, iirc.There is no other alarm available fromMazda, not even as an accessory.
Sounds like the dealer (or previous owner) took it upon themselves to install one.
As far a voiding your warranty is concerned, my manual ('04) states that Mazda does not recommend the use of aftermarket alarms, therefore having one might void part of your warranty... but only if it is involved, or the cause ofproblem you are having and take it in for warranty service.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:59 PM

thats not true at all. i have a factory alarm on my mazda 3 (if the door is opened or if it is stared with the wrong key it goes off) that has been upgraded with the remote start that i had installed in my car. it has a shock sensative alarm and if the car if started, window is broken, or if the door is opened it will go off.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:23 PM

Hello,

Not sure if this is related, but I have a 2007 Mazda3 with 28000km and the following symptom started on Dec 30th:

Disarming the alarm with the remote and opening any door (or hatchback) causes the alarm to go off (horn and lights flashing) . I have to disable with the remote.

Even after driving the vehicle and opening the door will cause the alarm go off. Again, the remote is required to disable and silence the alarm.

After driving and the ignition key is removed, the exterior parking lights flash once. I don't recall this happening in the past unless armed with the remote.

Can the security system be reset? Or is this a more serious problem.

Regards,
Tom

Old 12-31-2007, 06:57 PM

Please disregard my previous post. The problem appears to be the sensor switch beside the hood latch. The switch has been disconnected (until replacement is installed). The security alarm is again functioning.

Tom

Old 01-02-2008, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: esloyer

thats not true at all. i have a factory alarm on my mazda 3 (if the door is opened or if it is stared with the wrong key it goes off) that has been upgraded with the remote start that i had installed in my car. it has a shock sensative alarm and if the car if started, window is broken, or if the door is opened it will go off.
esloyer,
I have a 2008 MS3 with a factory alarm and was told by the dealer that sold me the carthat the shock sensor can be adjusted. When I took it to my local dealer for an oil change, they told me there is nothing to adjust, since there is no shock senosr that was installed. Your thoughts or anybody elses...

Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 1funride

ORIGINAL: esloyer

esloyer,
I have a 2008 MS3 with a factory alarm and was told by the dealer that sold me the carthat the shock sensor can be adjusted. When I took it to my local dealer for an oil change, they told me there is nothing to adjust, since there is no shock senosr that was installed. Your thoughts or anybody elses...
Yeah, the dealer that sold me the 3 (07 i, new) told me they'd do my first oil change for free. But when I lately checked in for oil change, the service writer said they didn't have such a program, and sales guy who sold me the car said he never said that......before you sign the paper, everything is possible for the dealer. I remembered many years ago I was at a Nissan dealership asking about the Maxima, the sales guy insisted the Maxima drank regular gas not premium, until I contrdicted him with info from Nissan's website. It was premium only.
________
CHEAP WATER PIPES

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 PM

there is a way to do it with your keys and the push button that is on the lower left kickplate on the drivers sides. i dont exactly remember how do it it, but there is a install manual that can tell you how, i know you have to put the key into the run position then hold the button i think? its it something like 5 beeps means you are in the program mode then after that 1 beep is the alarm and 2 beeps is the warning, dont quote me on it, but its something crazy like that, i've posted onthe forum how to do it, or well i posted the install manual but cant find it, if you can find that you will find how todo it.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Hahahahaha!!! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 PM

that reminds me of that old mercury or ford that they had on gone in 60 seconds. it had one of those lol.. funny stuff

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 Alarm Problem