Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Ipod socket

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Default Ipod socket

Hi, I'm new on here. Have a 2007 5 sport and only came on here to find out where to plug in my Ipod. After reading several threads, I'm realising maybe it's not possible...is this right?

Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

I am far from an auto/stereo expert Julie, but have heard that the plug is located inside the center console. Check in there.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:56 PM

Yes, a little round hole in the bottom of the center console. You'll need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

^^ What they said. Now please for the love of god stop referring to a generic audio input as an ipod socket. It's one of the things that sickens me about how much of the mp3 player market apple has when a regular old audio jack becomes identified with only one brand.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Whoa, easy there big fella'. She hasn't been back to check out any answers on this thread anyway. Last Activity: 08/28/2009 10:00 AM
Besides, things get tied to other things all the time. Do you call them tissues or Kleenex? Tissue is a little generic if you ask me as it could mean many things, but say Kleenex and everyone knows what you are talking about.
See what I mean?

Old 09-02-2009, 04:24 PM

It depends on if she is talking about the AUX input for the stereo, or the IPOD adaptor. Alot of people on here get those confused.

The input will work with the IPOD but you will have no controls.

But yes it does annoy me too when people call a plain old MP3 player an IPOD.
Like when I was younger, no matter what gaming system you had, it was a Nintendo.

And if that annoys you, I don't know where your from, but them folk in the south refer every soda product a "Coke".

Theres alot of things like that, you just have to deal with them and go on.

And if you can't get over it, I'll give you a Kleenex for your issue, or due you prefer tissue? LOL

Old 09-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
It depends on if she is talking about the AUX input for the stereo, or the IPOD adaptor. Alot of people on here get those confused.

The input will work with the IPOD but you will have no controls.

But yes it does annoy me too when people call a plain old MP3 player an IPOD.
Like when I was younger, no matter what gaming system you had, it was a Nintendo.

And if that annoys you, I don't know where your from, but them folk in the south refer every soda product a "Coke".

Theres alot of things like that, you just have to deal with them and go on.

And if you can't get over it, I'll give you a Kleenex for your issue, or due you prefer tissue? LOL
Native Texan here... been here all my life...

I call it "soda." A "coke" is a fukin Coca Cola damnit! haha
But I try not to conform to any of the retarded redneck ways of the majority of the state... which is why I live in a bigger city like Austin.
Like a grocery cart in other parts of the state is called a "buggy." Don't know why... I don't see any horses pulling it

Old 09-03-2009, 05:26 PM

Maybe it's just the Tennessee folk...

This is startin to sound like a bad country song, when coke was a coke, hoe was a hoe, and cracks what you were doin, when you were crackin jokes.
When a screw was a screw, and the wind was all that blew, and when you said your down with that, it meant you had the flu.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
... And if that annoys you, I don't know where your from, but them folk in the south refer every soda product a "Coke"....
... And if you can't get over it, I'll give you a Kleenex for your issue, or due you prefer tissue? LOL
Silly boy.
Now I am from Pennsylvania originally. Been in the greater Austin area, like Gary and why I know him personally, for the last 15yrs, and from what I had known before I would have expected everyone here to call it "pop" or "soda water" and there are those that do, soda water especially by the older Texans. But mostly it's just called soda.

Originally Posted by knucklehead11
Native Texan here... been here all my life...
I call it "soda." A "coke" is a fukin Coca Cola damnit! haha
But I try not to conform to any of the retarded redneck ways of the majority of the state... which is why I live in a bigger city like Austin.
Like a grocery cart in other parts of the state is called a "buggy." Don't know why... I don't see any horses pulling it

I've got news for all of you that think rednecks only live in the South, It ain't so. The Pa rednecks used to live nearer the middle of the state. Open land and little to do but poach your dinner on a regular basis and make little rednecks. Not because they couldn't afford to buy meat, but just 'cause, "it's their God given right to do so."
Now they can be found in my hometown which is VERY close to the NJ border.
The phrases, usez guyz, terl it, witchcha' and thesez onez are common place there when it used to be only the uneducated (again, middle of the state) that used them.
Now the Pennsylvania Dutch is a whole nother (another Pa colloquialism) culture and don't get me started on them.

Last edited by virgin1; 09-03-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:59 PM

We have our share of "rednecks" in the central part of the country (IL), but people here try TOO hard to be "country" if you will.

Quick Reply: Ipod socket