Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

How does the car hold up at 100-150K miles?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 PM

Wow, seems like a lot of you guys have been pretty lucky as far as the car goes. I have lists to go on with my 04 2.0L ATX

90,000miles Front differential turned to dust. Luckily the guy i bought it from had the 10/100000 warranty and got a brand new tranny for $200

Something about the right rear area of the car just sucks on mine. I have to buy a new caliper because somehow the piston boot got all tore to hell so now it eats up brakes like its going out of style and rattles like crazy.

I don't have a clock issues because of my aftermarket stereo but even when i had it stock it never seemed to be off.

The A/C switch is starting to have a short which is a major issue in st.louis summers. My A/C button likes to randomly turn off and on. Sometimes won't even turn on when you push the button. I'm guessing a short in the wires.

Carpeting on the side doors is coming unglued from the seems. Especially in the back. Don't know why. There are only people in my backseat about 5 times a year if that. Driver and passenger side door carpeting is coming off.

Driver side seat mount - the metal flange that actually comes from the gilder to attach the seat just snapped off so now i just lean to the left all the time. I fixed it by choking a piece of wood on the flange and the seat..Works fine.

Don't burn any oil. Even at 149,000 Miles. If I do its very minimum. I fill 4.5qts up every time. I change the oil about 4,000 miles on Mobil 1 full syn 5w-20

Car seems to idle way rougher then it does when I got. Especially at a stop light. I Idle normal then like a damn metronome the Rpm's drop and kicks back up to normal, drops, goes back to normal and so on...Rattles the hell out of the car. Its not huge rpm drops but it would be like if you click on and off your a/c every two seconds. Of course diagnosing that is an astronomical amount of things it could be.

Headlights are a pain in the *** to change. I seem to have to change headlights every 6-8 months, I don't touch the bulbs ever, in fact i wear gloves when changing it.

Automanual is dying on me. Doesn't want to down shift when you press it all the time however, upshifting in manual mode of my car is like a damn CVT, can't even feel it.

Brake lock release is starting to go bad. I actually carry a screwdriver around just to put it down the hole to release it from park. Its happened like 2-3 times now in the past 6-8 months.

Rattles are bad only because I have the TRZ rear mount which will knock your teeth out when driving from a stop till about 10-15 MPH then it disappears.