Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Help!!....Stuck CD!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

+1. Alternately start looking throught the buy/sell sections of the different forums. I've seen them go for $50-100. I've also seen them go for free just to clear up someone's closet space. New from the dealer they run $400-500, and if you're going to spend that much you might as well get a Mazda 3 specific eonon unit (or similar) which has a touchscreen, navigation, ipod, SD slot, bluetooth, etc.

You'll want to look for a '06-'08 model HU. If you stick with the '06-07 you'll be able to unlock the DIS regardless of single vs. 6CD. If you get an '08 model you'll only be able to unlock it on the 6CD.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:10 AM

just found this and figured id post it

FS: OEM radio/ Headunit

Old 05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Default HELP.... Stuck Cd?

Thank you for this information!!! I checked out the unit but it's a little different from what I have and I'll need to find out more. I've send her a message, thought! Mine is a 2007 Sport and has bluetooth and IPod, also AUX, which I use all the time and still can and SAT. radio options. I know, I'd want too much but I'd hope to find the same as I had. I did look at one for $200. online at a local pull and whatever (I know they have a funny name ~grin~)

Old 05-24-2011, 09:53 AM

You got some bad advice along the way here. Anyone who knows how a CD player works would have known that taking the face plate offis irrelevant.

Since you already have the unit out, take it to an electronics repair shop, they'll quickly do it, maybe even while you wait.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by icspots
+1. Alternately start looking through the buy/sell sections of the different forums. I've seen them go for $50-100. I've also seen them go for free just to clear up some one's closet space. New from the dealer they run $400-500, and if you're going to spend that much you might as well get a Mazda 3 specific eonon unit (or similar) which has a touchscreen, navigation, ipod, SD slot, bluetooth, etc. EONON unit?? what is that and can I get the touchscreen on a 2007 unit?

You'll want to look for a '06-'08 model HU. If you stick with the '06-07 you'll be able to unlock the DIS regardless of single vs. 6CD. What does DIS mean ? If you get an '08 model you'll only be able to unlock it on the 6CD.
OK...now I'm scared.... UNLOCK?

I am, thanks! BUT, I'm now more confused than normal....scary! I wrote some questions in red.........

The unit does still work,all but the 6 CD player (I didn't use it much anyway since I usually just bluetooth Pandora or internet Radio via my smart phone) So, I'm not in a hurry!!! $400-$500 is a little too steep for my taste and like I said in the other post..... I found the same one at a wrecked auto place near by... for $200!

Again, you all have been so helpful and I will keep 'in touch' with my findings..... AND, if you find any other resale units out there, I'd sure appreciate a 'heads up' ! BUT, I am worried about that UNLOCK thing!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AHan
You got some bad advice along the way here. Anyone who knows how a CD player works would have known that taking the face plate offis irrelevant.

Since you already have the unit out, take it to an electronics repair shop, they'll quickly do it, maybe even while you wait.
Well I wasn't really expecting her to be able to get them out by removing the faceplate, but figured disassembling the changer would involve doing that first. She didn't want to actually disassemble the changer itself so she stopped there. I linked the other walkthroughs because they illustrated how to get that far.

Originally Posted by LMarie
EONON unit?? what is that and can I get the touchscreen on a 2007 unit?
Eonon is an aftermarket company which retails a number of stereos. In addition to regular generic touchscreen HU's which can go in any car they make models which are specific to several makes so it looks as if it was designed for the car and came from the factory. They make a Mazda 3 specific HU with a touchscreen, NAV, bluetooth, ipod integration, reverse camera ready, etc.

For instance

OK...now I'm scared.... UNLOCK?
DIS is Driver Information System. This is Mazda's fuel mileage calculator which will display things like average fuel mileage, fuel remaining, etc. Technically it was only a feature on the GT trim starting in '06, however on '06-'07 HU's you can unlock it on all models. On '08 HU's you can only unlock it on the 6CD and on '08.5+ models it's only available on feature-specific HU's on the GT trim only. Basically it's an extra feature you can get for free.

I am, thanks! BUT, I'm now more confused than normal....scary! I wrote some questions in red.........

The unit does still work,all but the 6 CD player (I didn't use it much anyway since I usually just bluetooth Pandora or internet Radio via my smart phone) So, I'm not in a hurry!!! $400-$500 is a little too steep for my taste and like I said in the other post..... I found the same one at a wrecked auto place near by... for $200!

Again, you all have been so helpful and I will keep 'in touch' with my findings..... AND, if you find any other resale units out there, I'd sure appreciate a 'heads up' ! BUT, I am worried about that UNLOCK thing!!!