Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Help!!....Stuck CD!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Default Help!!....Stuck CD!

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 with a 6 cd player. For some reason when adding a CD it jammed. I know I can take it in to dealer but was hoping someone knows how to 'unstick' or open the player and retrieve the problem cd? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like it's time to start taking it apart until you get to the CD.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Question Stuck CD....Help!

Originally Posted by icspots
Sounds like it's time to start taking it apart until you get to the CD.
AND.... how would one do that?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:37 AM

this should get you started, dont mind what hes installiong in the video this will show you how to remove the radio. thatll get you started lol

Old 05-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Try this walkthrough for getting the stereo out.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...658#msg2058658

Also see this walkthrough for pictures of removing the stereo and removing the faceplate...... really this walkthrough is about swapping out the LEDs but it still has some nice pictures.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Question Stuck CD....Help!

Thank you for the great info!!!
I looked at the pictures and think I can get the player out, per instruction. Is there a special way to take off the stereo faceplate? (It didn't show that, since it was talking about installing an IPod interface.) AND....... once said faceplate is off..... is it a straightforward step to pull out the wayward CD??? Sure do appreciate your help, I'm not very mechanical and need all the help I can get!

Old 05-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LMarie
Thank you for the great info!!!
I looked at the pictures and think I can get the player out, per instruction. Is there a special way to take off the stereo faceplate? (It didn't show that, since it was talking about installing an IPod interface.) AND....... once said faceplate is off..... is it a straightforward step to pull out the wayward CD??? Sure do appreciate your help, I'm not very mechanical and need all the help I can get!
Oops. I had a link to a second walkthrough that apparently I didn't actually put in my post. Check out this one for removing the faceplate.

How To: Changing Head Unit Colors

As to getting the disc out from there I'm not really sure. You may need to actually disassemble the CD player itself.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Lightbulb HELP.... Stuck Cd?

Wow.... I'm just imagining all the cool colors I can change the LEDs to! But, actually, the instructions for taking the player out sound straightforward and I'm going to tackle it today (hopefully) I'm concerned that after all of this, I may still not be able to get that darn CD out! I'm hopin' that by just shakin' it I may get it to fall out but then, I'm an optimist!
Well,here goes........ I'll post my results, thanks again!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Thumbs down HELP.... Stuck Cd?

The unit is out and sitting on my dining room table.... Got the faceplate off too! Haven't a clue how to open the CD changer, tried to get into the unit but there are too many screws and I don't want to ruin it any more than it is. I hate to think I'd need a to purchase a 'new' radio/cd changer, but I'm thinking it's my only option.... Would you happen to know of any resale dealers I might be able to deal with, OR is that an option!?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:45 AM

junk yard/salvage yard

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!!....Stuck CD!