Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Help! Mazda Connect infotainment system acting crazy

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Default Help! Mazda Connect infotainment system acting crazy

I have a 2014 Mazda 3s GT and my Mazda Connect infotainment system has been acting crazy! For no apparent reason it will start acting like it is receiving a push/click input, start beeping, changing radio stations, etc. It only seems to do this, however, when the car isn't moving. So, for example, if I am driving down the street everything works fine, but the moment I stop in traffic the radio stations start changing, bluetooth clicks on and off, etc. I checked and none of the buttons are stuck, nothing is leaning on any of the inputs, the screen is in good shape, and it happens regardless of whether my phone is connected to the system.

Any ideas? Even though my car is only a 2014, I have 45k miles so the warranty has already expired. Thanks for your help!

Old 03-27-2017, 01:38 AM

Best of luck.
The infotainment system seems to have heaps of bugs. Mine is still under warranty and I have been waiting 4 months for them to determine the problem with the infotainment system.
If so many people experience problems why do they continue selling cars with faulty infotainment systems?

Old 05-21-2018, 03:46 PM

Hi there, did anyone get a resolution on this? My 2014 Mazda 3 has just started doing the same thing!!

Old 05-22-2018, 01:11 AM

Your car would be out of warranty now.
Was the infotainment system upgraded by a dealer recently? If so take it back to them and tell tam that they have stuffed up your infotainment system by upgrading it and demand they fix it.
If you upgraded it (the operating system/firmware or whatever) then your are on your own.
If none of these then check the user manual to see if there is a factory reset and apply that. Otherwise take it to a dealer.

Last edited by jgplarnold; 05-22-2018 at 01:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-22-2018, 04:19 PM

Thanks - I've only had the car a couple of months so no, neither myself or a dealer has upgraded the system (that I am aware of) - I did a factory reset already and unfortunately no joy there. Off to a dealer I go!

Old 04-06-2019, 11:46 AM

I'm experiencing the exact same issues mentioned by OP. There was a point in time when it was happening on every drive, and while it doesn't happen as often now, I'm always reluctant to use the system and try to keep activity at a minimum at the risk of spending my entire drive trying to cancel everything its trying to do on its own. The worst is when it starts calling people...

Just wondering if there are any updates on this, and whether anyone has been able to get the issue resolved? I have a 2014 Mazda 3 GS - out of warranty at this point unfortunately.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:16 PM

I recently purchased a 2015 with the same issue. On other forums I've read, people said their dealer quoted them over a grand to get the unit replaced, because the warranty had expired. I went to my dealer and they recommended a software update in case it was a software issue, it wasn't. It seemed like they've heard this complaint often. A couple days go by and the problem has reoccurred, but even worse than before. I went online and bought a whole unit from a salvage yard. We ended up just replacing the touchscreen, and it works like new!

Old 02-05-2020, 09:39 AM

Hello guys, does anybody knows where to connect camera on japanese mazda demio 2015 with command system djk2 v6 600? I mean is there an iso lead in the market for this audio system to buy to connect camera on. Because the only rca to this model of audio system is the rca of Video in.. I check from the 'video in' that my camera is working... But the problem is that when you put the reverse gear on the car, the system is not recognising the camera to display it on the screen.. Thank you in advance, Iam waiting for your responseKind regards, Nos09