Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Help - Blue Tooth Security Locked

Old 11-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Default Help - Blue Tooth Security Locked

Hi there, New to Madza3, car arrived yesterday and its fab. However I think someone has been playing with it before it arrived. The Blue tooth says " Bluetooth security is locked, please enter password". I have tried the normal 0000, 0123, 1234 etc but no good. Nothing in the user manual about security being locked.

I phone Mazda Bluebooth helpdesk in Europe but they are closed today. Phoned dealership and they could not help either.

Does anyone out there know how to unlock this?.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:42 PM

I have the same problem as this with my 58 plate Mazda 6. I bought this car in September from a car supermarket with the bluetooth security code locked.

I thought there would be simple reset process but this does not seem to be the case. I have tried the helpdesk who gave me a series of buttons to press but this did not fix, then tried the dealership who phoned the helpdesk and did exactly the same thing!

If I come across a solution I will yet you know. Un the mean time good luck and I hope we both find a fix soon

Old 12-15-2010, 02:37 AM

Thanks Mazda6sport for your reply. I too tried all the press this with that combination of buttons as advised by Europe help center. No help at all. Took to Mazda an after 1 hour they told me there was a fault and I needed to bring it back the next week. Returned it the next week and they had it for half a day and it is now working. They charged nearly £50 for this which is an insult for a brand new car that had done less than 100 miles. I did not pay and told them to invoice the leasing company. They made it sound like this was my doing by insulting my intelligence and telling me to follow the instructions. There are not any instructions to unlock the system other than enter the passcode that was orginally entered, which was not entered by me.

So the problem is resolved now but never got to know what the fault was or what the solution ended to be. Just know someone is £50 worse off as a result.

Apart from that I love the car.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:26 PM

Glad to hear you eventually got your bluetooth unlocked. Although it's a shame it you had to press Mazda so hard to fix it. Can I ask which dealership eventually fixed it for you?

I have tried a two dealerships in Berkshire and Northamptonshire but neither seem to have the answer. If I can point my local dealership in the direction of someone who has dealt with the problem then maybe I will get mine fixed.

I can't believe they tried to charge you £50 for reseting this, especially on a new car. Glad you stood your ground on that one.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 AM

Not sure about these systems, but normally when you pair bluetooth, you enter you own 4-5 digit code on your device first (phone, IPOD, whathaveyou), then you have to re enter that same code into your reciever, in this case your radio.

This is a pairing code between the two devices, it is like this on every bluetooth system I have ever messed with, but maybe these are different.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Default bluetooth passcode FIX

Hi, glad to help here this is from Mazda technical and can confirm it works 100% on 2009 Mazda3 if you follow instructions correctly... (may work for other models...)

you need to hold down radio power button, 5 and seek down (all 3 together) for a minimum of 2 seconds
then AUTO M and 2 for a few seconds, should show cleared on the display then bluetooth is reset back to factory for you.

dont forget to say thanks!

Chris

Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 PM

Thanks Chris! I just bought a 2009 Mazda6 and the bluetooth hands-free had a security passcode. I couldn't find anything in the manual and the dealer didn't know how to unlock it. Your solution worked. Thanks again.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Thank you! I have a 2008 CX9 without nav. and this worked beautifully.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Default Sorry does not work for 2011 CX9

The procedure that Chriss gave does not work for a 2011 CX9
Thank You for the go

Old 06-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by chris_wales
Hi, glad to help here this is from Mazda technical and can confirm it works 100% on 2009 Mazda3 if you follow instructions correctly... (may work for other models...)

you need to hold down radio power button, 5 and seek down (all 3 together) for a minimum of 2 seconds
then AUTO M and 2 for a few seconds, should show cleared on the display then bluetooth is reset back to factory for you.

dont forget to say thanks!

Chris
Thanks chris.

These steps worked for me on a 2012 Mazda6. It had the security code already set by someone else. It took a couple of tries and I held the buttons down for a few more seconds than he stated but in the end it worked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help - Blue Tooth Security Locked