Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Front bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Lev
Default Front bumper removal

I want to remove my front bumper, but I don't know how. Any directions given is much appreciated.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Default RE: Front bumper removal

I know Richard has it down to about 10 minutes, I am sure he will chime in.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

You mean... like this> > > > > >
Name:  IMG_1126W.jpg
Views: 6756
Size:  54.8 KB

It's really easier than you'd think.It'sall 10mm and phillips head screw stuff.
Remove all the bolts for the front lower splash shield, not the shield you loosen/remove to change oil. I think there are8 or 10 across the front bumper cover.
Loosen both inner fender wells (plastic shields) so that you have access to the inner fender and remove the two bolts (each side)there that hold the bumper cover to the fender.
Disconnect your fog lights and the wiring harness clip.

Here's where there is some difference between the HB and the sedan.
For the HB, locate the two hood bumpers. Underneath them, between the two pieces of plasticis a place for a small prying tool (a screwdriver.) If they need to be turned to see it they will do that easily. Pry up the top portion, then pull up on theentire plastic clip assem to remove it. It's works like one of those stupid interior clips but is a lot stronger. Do not remove the rubber bumper from the plastic clip that it's in. Not a necessary step.
Next and last, remove the two large screws on the top of the bumper next to the bumpers you just removed and carefully remove the bumper cover itself. That's it!

I think on the sedan the grill has to be removed also, but I don;t know the steps.

I wrote this from memory, so if I forget some little step as I said, it's not that hard. Just take your time and don't do a rip 'n' tear as we used to call it in the business and you'll be fine.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Lev

Thanks a lot Virg. I remember reading that it was an easy bumper to remove. All i need to do is take out my headlight and get to the ONE hidden screw. Ehh, I see it as a good learning process to taking apart my car for any future mods i might want to perform.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 AM

Virgin, how come you have different hood support rod. You've got a pair of short one near firewall, I only have one longer one at the front bumper......
________
sexyJenny live

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

It's anice little mod I installed. Open and close w/one hand. Got tired of that stupid rod in the way all the time.

Name:  IMG_1139E.jpg
Views: 2613
Size:  44.5 KB

Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 PM

hey virgin1 where can i pick up those rods for my hood, i need to do something with my car, waiting for my in-dash monitor.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Check here, Element:
http://www.redlinetuning.com/products_quicklift.html

BTW: If you decide to do it, use lots of multi-layered electrical tape on the nearby painted surfaces, especially exposed edges. They don't tell you that on te instruction sheet, but after my first lil' mishap, I learned VERY quickly.