Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

can anyone send pictures on how to dismantle center console in 07 mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Default can anyone send pictures on how to dismantle center console in 07 mazda 3

i want to hook up gauges to my cigerette lighter

Old 10-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: can anyone send pictures on how to dismantle center console in 07 mazda 3

Set the parking brake. Open the center console. Grab the front edge which is part of the cup holder piece, and pull up to release the tension clips. The cupholders and gear shift surround are attached with similar clips and will separate easily.

Repeat for the gear shift surround. For MTX unscrew and remove the shift **** so the boot can come off, for ATX the black piece will come off from around the silver trim surrounding the gear shift.

Remove the two screws you uncovered when you removed the gear shift surround. Remove the lighter from the plug. Grab the ashtray/lighter section and pull towards the back of the car to release the clips at the top. It helps to stick your right thumb in the lighter plug.... just not all the way. If it gets a little cockeyed then it won't pull out correctly.

Once you have that loose then you can very easily attach some wire taps to the positive/negative wires of the cigarette lighter behind the panel. It makes for a clean install without any wires running anywhere. I installed sirius in a friend's 3 the same way. Let me know if you need anymore help, and good luck.