Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Anyone successfully applied the latest Gracenote update?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Default Anyone successfully applied the latest Gracenote update?

I'm a 2014 Mazda3 owner in the US and have been trying to update to this latest gracenote_NA_September2016.up Gracenote package for the past two days with no success. I've tried five different USB drives ranging from 512MB in size all the way up to 32GB (including 4GB and 8GB sizes). I've tried different brands. I've tried formatting as both FAT and FAT32. But each time, although the USB drive is recognized when I plug it into my car's port, when I select the option to search for new music update it tells me no new update was found.

My OS version: 55.00.650 NA N
Music Db version: 00.05.000

Has anyone else successfully updated from Music Db version 00.05.000 to either gracenote_ADR_September2016.up or gracenote_NA_September2016.up? And what's the difference between the two?

Old 11-09-2016, 03:20 PM

I was able to update without issue. BUT, it is slow! I cannot tell any difference other than I do not see screen art. I was at least seeing it while listening to FM radio before the update.

Don't understand what the apprehension is about having a change log available. This way you know to update or not bother (as in don't fix what's not broke).

Last edited by SBMongoos; 11-10-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by SBMongoos
I was able to update without issue. BUT, it is slow! I cannot tell any difference other than I do not see screen art. I was at least seeing it while listening to FM radio before the update.

Don't understand what the apprehension is about not having a change log available. This way you know to update or not bother (as in don't fix what's not broke).
Do you recall from which Music Db version you updated? Also, which OS are you on? Can you give me the make, model, and size of the USB drive you used?

Old 11-09-2016, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick G
Do you recall from which Music Db version you updated? Also, which OS are you on? Can you give me the make, model, and size of the USB drive you used?
Gracenote v5 -> v7
Running Win 10 Pro on my PC
I used a Sandisk 32Gb USB 3.0 micro drive (this shouldn't matter. Format yoru drive to FAT32 and drop the file onto the drive).

Software update options:

1. Select SETTINGS from the Home screen.
  2. Select SYSTEM.
  3. Select Music Database Update.
  4. Select Search.
  5. Make appropriate selection.
  6. To confirm update or reinstallation select Yes; select No to return to previous screen.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:29 AM

I wonder what OS version you're on in the car. I've followed those exact same steps numerous times. And while they've always been successful for me in the past, I can't get past your Step 4 with this update because it doesn't find any new update on the device. I even tried a Sandisk 32GB USB drive (among several others). It's very strange.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 AM

I wonder what OS version you're on in the car. I've followed those exact same steps numerous times. And while they've always been successful for me in the past, I can't get past your Step 4 with this update because it doesn't find any new update on the device. I even tried a Sandisk 32GB USB drive (among several others). It's very strange.
Hmm...I ran into that originally to so I switched to another USB drive. I had even formatted it correctly and it seemed to see the USB drive but no file. I opted to switch to another USB thumb drive and it worked.

The CHU OS version I have is 55.00.753.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:55 AM

Hmm...I ran into that originally to so I switched to another USB drive. I had even formatted it correctly and it seemed to see the USB drive but no file. I opted to switch to another USB thumb drive and it worked.

The CHU OS version I have is 55.00.753.
Are you able to provide me with a link to your exact thumb drive?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:12 AM

Are you able to provide me with a link to your exact thumb drive?
This one (bought it at Best Buy): https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-conne.../dp/B00RBGYGMO

Has standard USB at one end and micro USB at the other. This way I can easily transfer file to my Note 5. You'll notice the little button on top, in the pic, that allows you to choose which you want to use by sliding the button.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:15 AM

This one (bought it at Best Buy): https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-conne.../dp/B00RBGYGMO

Has standard USB at one end and micro USB at the other. This way I can easily transfer file to my Note 5. You'll notice the little button on top, in the pic, that allows you to choose which you want to use by sliding the button.
I'll give it a try and let you know if it works. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2016, 10:11 AM

I'll give it a try and let you know if it works. Thanks!
Aaaaaaaand... no go. Unbelievable. I wish I knew what was unique about my system that's preventing it from recognizing that an update is available on the device. Real bummer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone successfully applied the latest Gracenote update?