Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

75000 city driven car mazda3

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Smile 75000 city driven car mazda3

question on the 2006 mazda3 hatch manual w 75000km i just bought (mechanically inspected all ok by mazda dealership to bring her up to spec)...since it was mostly city driven by former owner, would it be a good idea to pay $100 and have the fuel injectors cleaned professionally (by my mechanic or a mazda mechanic)? or any other process you might think helpful to bring her up as good as shape as i can?.

Last edited by canali; 02-19-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

In my opinion, with that City Mileage, I would clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Throttle Body. I would change the PCV Valve. I would change all the spark plugs. I would flush and fill the coolant. I would flush and fill the brake fluid. I would flush and fill the power steering fluid. Not sure about professional cleaning injectors, I'd probably just throw in some Fuel System Cleaner: Red Line Synthetic Oil - Gasoline Fuel Additives - SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner
Re-set ECU after by unbolting negative terminal on battery followed by applying brake pedal for 10 seconds.
I would also change your transmission fluid. I heard "NEO" is a good one for manual transmissions.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 02-19-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: ECU re-set, tranny fluid
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM

Thanks 'useyournoggin' ...

question however, ...
....would not some or all of this been done by the customer's mazda service technncians when she was having the regular servicing done (she has all the records on hand which i'll get when i take over the vehicle)

guess i could take into my own mechanic to have a look and print this out to get his opinion.

lastly, would having these processes you suggested be $$$$ ?

..and i presume any mechanic can do this, doesn't have to be a specialized mazda one...ive been using my own mechanic for over 10 yrs and he's a great guy, very reliable....i pay cash and always get a better deal.

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
In my opinion, with that City Mileage, I would clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Throttle Body. I would change the PCV Valve. I would change all the spark plugs. I would flush and fill the coolant. I would flush and fill the brake fluid. I would flush and fill the power steering fluid. Not sure about professional cleaning injectors, I'd probably just throw in some Fuel System Cleaner: Red Line Synthetic Oil - Gasoline Fuel Additives - SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner
Re-set ECU after by unbolting negative terminal on battery followed by applying brake pedal for 10 seconds.
I would also change your transmission fluid. I heard "NEO" is a good one for manual transmissions.

Last edited by canali; 02-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

All of the stuff I suggested Mazda does not do on regular services (at least according to maintenance schedule on Mazda 3). They would only do it if there were problems or if they were told to do it.
$$$$ ask your mechanic. The spark plugs are due at your mileage. Coolant should have been done @ 60,000 miles or 4 years. Brake fluid and power steering fluid not on their service schedule to change (inspect only).

Old 02-19-2012, 12:51 PM

great...thanks for the clarification...appreciate it.

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
All of the stuff I suggested Mazda does not do on regular services (at least according to maintenance schedule on Mazda 3). They would only do it if there were problems or if they were told to do it.
$$$$ ask your mechanic. The spark plugs are due at your mileage. Coolant should have been done @ 60,000 miles or 4 years. Brake fluid and power steering fluid not on their service schedule to change (inspect only).