Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Default 2014 mazda 3 navigation problem

My navigation screen went blank today and did not turn back on. I have turned off and on my car a few times. Nothing works. No radio, navigation or Bluetooth.

WTF

I've also had the left side speakers cutting out periodically. Anyone experience this? Mazda says they are working on a fix for the sound issues. Sucks!

Bigger problem now is nothing works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Default Left speaker cutting out cause

When the Infotainment system locks up, one mode includes that the Navigation system instructions can't be heard. So while the Navigation system tries to give instructions, the left speaker is muted. So if you can get to the Navigation screen and cancel route, the left speaker will no longer cut out.

Has anybody tried pulling fuses 11, 12 & 13, then replacing to see if it reboots the system? My system froze yesterday and was still frozen after an hour in the parking lot, so as I was driving, off, I stopped, turned the car off and popped the hood planning on trying fuses - just then a big truck started backing toward me, so I restarted the engine to move and this time the system started working. So if I had pulled the fuses, I would have sworn that is what fixed it - but I never touched them.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:57 AM

I have had my Mazda 3i GT for a week now and this issue has happened to me twice. Once the navigation gave an error that the car does not have navigation installed. the dealer wants me to come in because they think they have a fix. I will keep you posted with what they say.

Attached is the picture of the error before the navi/screen/radio went out. I did find a temp fix that helped for a few days. Unplug the neg battery cable for about 5 seconds and hook it back up. this seemed to reset the system and worked for about 4days. PICTURE OF ERROR

Old 03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Angry

I had the same issue this week (the first week I had the car btw lol) where at first it wouldn't let me access the entertainment tab wouldn't complete calls from Bluetooth and told me I didn't have nav. Then later that night it just was blank. I went to the dealer who said the fuse blew... After a week of being out. But whatever it was working so I left. But I don't believe that was the issue as it still glitches and resets (disconnects iPod, rear view camera flinches, etc.). I am so annoyed and aggregated I didn't see this thread before I purchased the car bc no one who pays to get a new car should have to deal with such bs only having it a week in.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Default NAV not installed error

Originally Posted by Soler25
I have had my Mazda 3i GT for a week now and this issue has happened to me twice. Once the navigation gave an error that the car does not have navigation installed. the dealer wants me to come in because they think they have a fix. I will keep you posted with what they say.

Attached is the picture of the error before the navi/screen/radio went out. I did find a temp fix that helped for a few days. Unplug the neg battery cable for about 5 seconds and hook it back up. this seemed to reset the system and worked for about 4days. PICTURE OF ERROR
I get this error when the USB ports lock up. When I turn the car off with the USB hung on loading, then restart, it does not recognize the SD card because all the I/O ports are locked up. However I have an email from Mazda saying that they do not have this problem! Anyway, the next release (V30) is supposed to have a fix for the NAV not installed problem, but there is no mention of the other problems that happen with it. Ver 30.000 is supposed to already be released in Europe.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:33 PM

So I went down to participate in what the dealer referred to as a "recall" - which is the new software update. Anyway, they tried to install it and the entire system just stopped working on them. I showed up at noon, ready to go and they said they need to keep trying in order to fix it. They gave me a brand new 2015 audi A3 as a loaner car, which was nice, but WTF, Mazda?!?

Anyway, I really hope they fix it and it stops being buggy. Other main complaints:

Let my passenger put in addresses when the car is moving!!!!
Please give me the option to turn off the navigation voice so that it stops cutting out the left speaker!!!

Both of those issues are maddening enough to NOT recommend this car to my friends. Hopefully they fix it as I am quickly losing that loving feeling I had when I purchased the car.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by TBlasko
So I went down to participate in what the dealer referred to as a "recall" - which is the new software update. Anyway, they tried to install it and the entire system just stopped working on them. I showed up at noon, ready to go and they said they need to keep trying in order to fix it. They gave me a brand new 2015 audi A3 as a loaner car, which was nice, but WTF, Mazda?!?

Anyway, I really hope they fix it and it stops being buggy. Other main complaints:

Let my passenger put in addresses when the car is moving!!!!
Please give me the option to turn off the navigation voice so that it stops cutting out the left speaker!!!

Both of those issues are maddening enough to NOT recommend this car to my friends. Hopefully they fix it as I am quickly losing that loving feeling I had when I purchased the car.

My dealer is supposed to call me when that update is available as he said the update I went in twice to get (same thing. It crashed and apparently they thought it was better to make me come back and forth instead of giving me a loaner). I'm demanding an Audi when they take mine cause I'm SURE it's not gunna go smoothly (: hahaha. And I agree. I am so disappointed with this car. And I've only had it a month. Never getting a mazda again and this is my second one. They've totally dropped the ball.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Exclamation Needs a COMPLETE replacement from Johnson Controls

Originally Posted by Tee0wns
I'm demanding an Audi when they take mine cause I'm SURE it's not gunna go smoothly (: hahaha. And I agree. I am so disappointed with this car. And I've only had it a month. Never getting a mazda again and this is my second one. They've totally dropped the ball.
So get this: the thing is completely beyond repair. The patch that was sent out is bricking systems and they are frantically trying to avoid dealers installing it (they sent out a service bulletin saying as much). Now that the patch has crashed my system they said they are going to have to order an entirely new head mount unit to replace the old one. Hardware and everything!! Unreal! I'm not sure, but I hope it's an entirely new system software wise...

The service guy said he was going to have to stick me back in my car, too. So I then got on the phone with Mazda customer experience, and the Mazda rep said "If the dealer doesn't put you in a loaner then we will pay for a rental until your car gets fixed." The Mazda rep also sent the service guy an email about it.

So when I showed up the next day to the dealer the service guy said I could keep the Audi for a couple more days, and that hopefully by then they would know how long it would be until the new part arrives (shipping from East Coast). In any case he would be putting me in a rental car at that point, and I'd get to use that until the part shows up and my car is 100%.

This means that Mazda is trying to clean this mess up real fast. Kudos to them for focusing on their customers on the support side, but this is a pretty big oversight on their part to let a completely untested system make it to market (because that's the only way this could have happened - they didn't long term test the software).

Oh and on a side note I also found out that the company that makes the head unit / nav system is Johnson Controls, so I sent them some feedback, too .

Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TBlasko
So get this: the thing is completely beyond repair. The patch that was sent out is bricking systems and they are frantically trying to avoid dealers installing it (they sent out a service bulletin saying as much). Now that the patch has crashed my system they said they are going to have to order an entirely new head mount unit to replace the old one. Hardware and everything!! Unreal! I'm not sure, but I hope it's an entirely new system software wise...

The service guy said he was going to have to stick me back in my car, too. So I then got on the phone with Mazda customer experience, and the Mazda rep said "If the dealer doesn't put you in a loaner then we will pay for a rental until your car gets fixed." The Mazda rep also sent the service guy an email about it.

So when I showed up the next day to the dealer the service guy said I could keep the Audi for a couple more days, and that hopefully by then they would know how long it would be until the new part arrives (shipping from East Coast). In any case he would be putting me in a rental car at that point, and I'd get to use that until the part shows up and my car is 100%.

This means that Mazda is trying to clean this mess up real fast. Kudos to them for focusing on their customers on the support side, but this is a pretty big oversight on their part to let a completely untested system make it to market (because that's the only way this could have happened - they didn't long term test the software).

Oh and on a side note I also found out that the company that makes the head unit / nav system is Johnson Controls, so I sent them some feedback, too .
They should be replacing the entire system for everyone experiencing these problems- it's amazing that they essentially have to recall a recall (which I can't understand how they could consider an update a recall as they have sent out updates before). This is so frustrating. But hey, you get to drive an audi for alil while so that's something. (: I'm definitely going to write them also. Let's hope something happens because this is not what we signed up for when getting a brand new car.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Unhappy Re: Infotainment monitor problems

Hi,
Re: Infotainment monitor problems
Bought my Mazda 3 5 dr in January 2014. A few times I had blue screen when turning on the engine. Sometimes the touch screen didn't work. Otherwise it was fine. Now it's May 19th 2014, & yesterday it was working fine, until later on in the afternoon when I turned the ignition on (and off) and all I got was a black screen - nothing comes up at all. Off to the dealer tomorrow.
It's the day after tomorrow....
Dealership rebooted the system and checked software version. Found software update needed. It's working fine now! Does this mean every time it crashes you have to take it to the dealer for a reboot?

Last edited by Jules; 05-21-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: 2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!