Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Wrecked Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Default Wrecked Tribute

Hello everyone,
My 2001 Tribute's front end has impact damage. Yes, it is totalled. But from there on back it is absolutely beautiful. Wow, when I think about all the great parts like new tires, great rims, perfect hatchback, interior, doors, windows, fenders, wow! What should I do to get the most out of it? Thanks for your help.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Default Your wreck

Originally Posted by HFCTribute
Hello everyone,
My 2001 Tribute's front end has impact damage. Yes, it is totalled. But from there on back it is absolutely beautiful. Wow, when I think about all the great parts like new tires, great rims, perfect hatchback, interior, doors, windows, fenders, wow! What should I do to get the most out of it? Thanks for your help.
Sorry to hear. If it's an insurance write-off, I assume your insurance company will arrange a wrecker to take it away, and it becomes their property. If not, and it remains yours, I would strip as many good parts as possible and sell them individually thru this forum, eBay, Kijiji, and any other means. It may be a bit of tedious work, but in the end, you'd end up with the most amount of money compared to selling it whole to a wrecker (the remaining skeleton could be sold to the wrecker perhaps - I'm sure you could even sell the engine and transmission (if not damaged), since they are shared with the Escape and other vehicles with the V6 3.0L engine.

I may even be interested in a few parts, as could others. One of my taillights is cracked and my rear bumper has minor damage (although shipping a used bumper would be a huge gamble). My 6CD head unit's display is not working - does yours have the 6CD changer, and in good shape?

Good luck, Mark

Old 10-22-2009, 11:57 AM

Yes, on the other forums I read that people buy it out from the insurance company (for a very small fee) and then they part out the car, making the most out of it, and the buyers (from the forums) being very happy, getting the parts at a very competitive price.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Default Wrecked Tribute

The car is mine for whatever I can get out of it. Many, many great parts, Beautiful wheels and tires like new. I think the transmission is fine. I would imagine engine parts and air etc are fine. Windows, perfect hatch, doors and handles, motorized sun roof are perfect for a 2001.

I'm not a mechanic, nor handy. But I could try to take it apart. I surely can take off the taillight cover.

Anyone want a good deal who is near Albuquerque? I'll sell it all for a fair price?

I do have a 6 CD changer and it works perfectly. The light does not work, but the changer and tape player are perfect. The taillight is perfect. The bumper has a crack.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:17 PM

I am also a member of another forum. Check this out, and then go to classified section. That's how you would go with it.

Good luck

Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 PM

I need a Drivers side rear tail light. Can you let me know

Old 11-03-2009, 10:44 AM

Looking for seat covers, any pics of them you could post up?