Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Recall notice

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Default Recall notice

I took my 02 for an ABS recall module issue. Service department said there is a new recall on the cruise control, and unless I signed a waiver they had to unhook it. I signed the wavier as I think even if you had to really hard brake it (won't cut off according to Mazda) you should be ok. He didn't know when parts would be available as this is new.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:33 PM

I just had my 04 Tribute in Mazda dealer 2 days ago, he never said anything about the cruise. Its a recall on the Escapes for now. Although I fixed my own engine cover so the cruise doesn't get stuck under it. So i'm not even taking mine in for the recall. I fixed it better than they would have by grinding down the tabs ( ribs ) of the engine cover underneath then raised it. No way in the world it can get hooked or wedged on anything now.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM

I just received the recall notice on the cruise control cable for my wife's 2003 Tribute. The cruise hasn't worked for a few years, a common problem where the cable won't stay on the throttle control.

We are getting ready to sell the vehicle so I will take it in to get the recall fixed to hold the resale value but don't want to pay for a new cruise control cable install. I suspect they will make the repair anyway since their current solution until parts arrive is to disconnect the cable.

I will try to get a new cable out of the fix but I won't count on it, particularly since it has only seen a dealer garage for recalls.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:32 AM

Yep, got mine in the mail too. I fixed my engine cover myself but going to take it in because I want the recall off my Carfax as I see it's on that already. They didn't waste time.