Go Back   Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums > Mazda Vehicles > Mazda Tribute
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Intermittent Battery light blinking

I have a 2004 Tribute LX V6 that has around 62k miles on it. Last week, I drove home, and for the first time in awhile, had to turn my lights on. About 5 minutes into driving, I saw my battery light blinking in no specific pattern, just coming on and off. It would go away for awhile, then come back on. I went to get the battery replaced not only because I thought that might solve the problem, but I had bought the car used, so I didn't know the last time it had been changed. The car still starts fine and runs fine, its just the light that comes on intermittently.

Well, needless to say, when I had to turn my lights on again last night, there it was: the blinking light. It stayed on longer than it had before this time, and only seemed to come on when I was stopped. I checked my interior fuse box, and nothing seemed loose...Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know what the problem is? Alternator? Fuse?

I would appreciate any help you can give.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Default RE: Intermittent Battery light blinking

Get your alternator checked. My '03 Tribute is on it's 4th alternator and by next summer, odds are thatI'll be needing a 5th...LOL!

My post for assistance last may:
http://www.mazdaforum.com/m_75565/tm.htm
Old 07-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Tags
2001, 2008, 626, battery, blinking, car, flashes, flashing, intermitent, intermittent, intermittently, light, mazda, miata, tribute