Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Clutch problem or motor mount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Default Clutch problem or motor mount?

I just picked up an 03 tribute. 5spd. I am having the worst time getting used to its clutch set up, the throw is the shortest I have ever dealt with. I have been driving manual cars for almost 20 years. Cars from a built 01 mustang gt with over 400hp to a fiat abarth. For the life of me, first gear is just super sensitive. Then you know...... you get the whole truck shaking (embarrassing). I have to start of very slow for it to not do this, even then its touchy. Today I figured I would just try second gear starting off.......no problem. It grabs perfect and goes. So would a bad motor mount cause this first gear issue? Or are these trucks with its small inline 4 just really touchy with its clutch set up? Any help is appreciated.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:01 PM

If you are having the same problem, it was an easy fix. Pop off the clutch cylinder(rod) connecting to the clutch pedal. I gave it two turns counter clockwise once I disconnected it . The clutch feel perfect now.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:25 PM

HI, EVERY MAZDA OWNER. ALL owner should check a system SKYACTIVE problem on your NEW Mazda car. I HAVE A 2014 MAZDA3. WHEN I BOUGHT MY MAZDA3 IN 2014,I HAD FELT THE CAR WAS NOT ENOUGH POWERFUL BECAUSE IT IS SKYACTIVE SYSTEM WHAT I THOUGHT AND I DISCOVERED THE CAR HAS NOT ENOUGH POWER TO CLIMB THE STEEP HILL, BUT I DID NOT PAY ATTENTION ON IT. THEN THE TERRIBLE THING HAPPENED, WHEN I DROVE MY CAR AND WENT UP THE VERY STEEP ROAD. IF I STOPED ON THE MIDDLE OF THE VERY STEEP ROAD OVER 30 DEGREES, THE CAR WAS DIFFICULTY TO MOVE UP OR SHUT DOWN. AND IF I DRIVE VERY SLOWLY UP THE STEEP ROAD, THE CAR WAS SHAKE. I LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO, SO THERE IS A LOT OF STEEP ROAD OVER 30 DEGREES OR UPER. THEN I REPORTED THIS PROBLEM IN SAN FRANCISCO DEALERSHIP. THEY CHECKED THE CAR, AND THEY TOLD ME THE CAR HAS NO ANY PROBLEM. I TRUSTED THEM, BUT WHEN I DROVE TO VERY STEEP ROAD EVERY TIME. THERE WAS SAME PROBLEM ON MY CAR. SHAKE OR SHUT DOWN. I TAKE MY CAR TO CHECK 5 TIMES IN DIFFERENT DEALERSHIP . THEY ALSO GAVE A SAME ANSWER TO ME. NO ANY PROBLEM ON MY CAR. THEN I REPORT THE PROBLEM TO MAZDA AMERICA(THE MAIN AGENCY IN U.S). THEY LET ME CHECK AGAIN, AND WENT TO DO A ROAD TEST WITH TECTECHNICIAN IN SAN FRANSICO. I SHOW THE PROBLEM TO TECHNICIAN ON THE STEEP ROAD. FINALLY, THE TECHNICIAN FIND OUT THE PROBLEM. THE TECHNICIAN SAID THE PROBLEM IS ON THE CLUTCH AND HE REPORT TO THE MAZDA AMERICA, BUT THE MAZADA AMERICA EXPLAIN THAT THE CLUTCH IS NOT IN THE COVERAGE. I NEED TO PAY ALL REPAIR FEE $2500;THEREFOR, I SUGGEST ALL OWNER SHOULD CHECK YOUR NEW MAZDA CAR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ON A VERY STEEP ROAD OVER 30 DEGREES. TO DRIVE YOUR CAR SLOWLY OR STOP ON THE MIDDLE OF STEEP ROAD AND THEN TO MOVE UP. THIS BIG PROBLEM IS HARDLY TO DISCOVER BECAUSE THE CAR MUST BE IN A SPECIAL SITUATION AS SUPPER STEEP ROAD. IF YOUR CAR HAS SAME SITUATION AS MY CAR, PLEASE TO REPORT TO YOUR DEALERSHIP AND CONTACT ME. MY E MAIL IS WGL1104@GMAIL.COM
THANK YOU.