Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Check engine light after replacing all 4 oxygen sensors

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Default Check engine light after replacing all 4 oxygen sensors

I have a 2004 tribute. I just changed all 4 oxygen sensors. When I started the truck for first time after installing the sensors the light was not on. When I turned it of and than on the light came back. I drove it auto parts store and put it on scanner and again I was told the codes are showing which are the 4 sensors and now the Evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit code is on too. The sensors have not even been on for 30 minutes and check engine light is back. Anyone have any idea of what's going on. Any help please.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Default Not good, O2 Sensors

This is not a good sign. If you are throwing codes for O2 sensors, drop it down a notch or two. You are about a step away from blowing your engine. If the check engine light comes on, then get a diagnosis. Either learn how to do the diagnosis or get a pro to do it for you. Do not hesitate, it will be the best money you ever spent. Get two opinions from the start and do not believe either one. Do your home work. With today's modern vehicles, if you see a check engine light come on, it is probably too late. Those codes only trip when it is critical and your check engine light comes on. You failed to do the proper maintenance on the vehicle and do not be deceived by anything else. If you do the maintenance, the vehicle will take care of you. Ignore it, and you pay.