Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

After changing dead battery....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Default after replacing old dead battery

I had to jumped my vehicle because of dead battery after that i got a battery check which said i needed a battery replacement so i got one but my radio, dome lights, and power locks wont work, power locks only work when car is running . Im lost and confused on what the problem can be. In need of help!!!!

Old 10-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Default Piling on

Originally Posted by babyhuey
Anything else not working that was working before? Dome lights??
Would think the best place to start would be checking to make sure that there are no blown fuses. Pay particular attention to the #27 or ROOMfuse in the underdash fuse box. This fuse is a 10 amp fuse located at the very bottom of the fuse box just to the right of two large 30 amp fuses.
Just wanted to add to the list of people letting you know this response helped me. This fuse was in a different location in my 2010 Mazda3, but it was blown and was the culprit for my problems as well. What a poorly named fuse! It should be labeled "The Jesus Fuse." Anyway, thanks!

Old 05-28-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by volley3boy
Just wanted to add to the list of people letting you know this response helped me. This fuse was in a different location in my 2010 Mazda3, but it was blown and was the culprit for my problems as well. What a poorly named fuse! It should be labeled "The Jesus Fuse." Anyway, thanks!
Hello man, I got a 2009 Mazda 3 and I don't where thé fuse it. Can you tell me ?

Old 05-28-2021, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Goulven31
Hello man, I got a 2009 Mazda 3 and I don't where thé fuse it. Can you tell me ?
The fuse I described is Number 12 in the engine compartment fuse panel. It's 15amp and labeled "ROOM - Interior Lights" in the manual. This fuse was blown and changing it did solve a few problems, but I still had a phantom draw from my passenger side front door latch. It had failed and not only caused the parasitic draw which kept draining the battery, it also caused the car to think it was stolen. That triggered the engine to stall at idle, power steering to go intermittently, and other odd instrument cluster alerts. I paid the dealer to replace that latch and all was back to normal. Not an expensive repair either. I have since sold the car. I hope this helps. Good luck!