Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

2005 Tribute Speakers - Fuse location issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Default 2005 Tribute Speakers - Fuse location issues?

Hi all. Have a 2005 Mazda Tribute 4cyl.

The speakers cut out on it the other day. Now I wasn't driving, and don't know how loud she (sister) had the radio pumping, but I have a hard time believing that she blew all of the speakers simultaneously. So I'm guessing a fuse just tripped specifically for the audio. The radio/CD interface still works, you can still change the stations, insert a CD and track up/down etc...just without sound.

I cannot find where this fuse might be. There is no obvious place for it in the underhood fusebox, and in the passenger side fusebox there are tons of them, but nothing is marked. On a side note, there is a removable panel in the foot area of the front drivers side, with a fuse diagram printed on the backside---and no fuses anywhere right there. So that's just confusing.

There is, on that diagram ( with no fuses behind it) , a block marked 'audio', 10A. So, in the passenger side fusebox I just pulled all the 10A fuses - none blown. By the way, this fusebox on the passenger side in no way corresponds with the diagram on the back of that panel from under the drivers side.

So, most importantly:
1) How can I get the speakers back into operation...If a fuse is blown, what amp is it, and where is it located?

and just for curiosity:
2) What fuses does the diagram on the backside of that panel under the drivers side depict?
3) Where might I find a diagram of the fusebox I know exists on the passenger side?

Thanks for any and all help yall can provide.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:37 PM

bump.