Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

2003 Mazda Tribute DX 2.0L with many problems...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Default 2003 Mazda Tribute DX 2.0L with many problems...

I had several problems with my Mazda Tribute. The main problem with my Mazda Tribute is has very big idle problems. When the car is on idle, the gas wont steady. RPM up and down and very often the car need to be restart. But when the MAF sensor is pull off, the car is idle just fine. I have change the IAC, MAF Sensor, EGR Pressure Fedback Sensor, PCV Hose, Spark Plug using Iridium, Coil and Spark Plug Wires. But none of that all seems to help. Till now my car still has problem with idle, well although is not that worse as last time, but its still occurs but not often anymore.

Note: My Catalytic Converter inside part has been destroyed by the Mazda Technician here because one day they found out that the Catalytic Converter is not working anymore, it seems like stuck and there is one pipe which I forgot what pipe is become overheated and turn to almost red. And in this situation they destroy the inside of the Catalytic Converter. So I'm at the moment running, we can say without Catalytic Converter. Does the Catalytic Converter is important seems there is this one day when my Car idle has become so worse and they found out the O2 Sensor is full of dirt and become very dark because of the Catalytic Converter is no longer working 100%. So I need to clean my O2 Sensor regularly now.

Secondly, I can feel that my Mazda Tribute has loss it power and compression. When I drive up to mountain area, I can really feel the car has difficulty in driving up to mountain. I have changed the Clutch Kit using EXEDY KFM16 and that also seems not help except when I step on the cluch its much lighter now.

Third, I'm thingking about rebuilding my engine parts like changing Piston and everything. I saw one item on eBay 00 04 Mazda Tribute Ford Focus Escape 2 0L DOHC 16V "3" Engine Rebuilding Kit | eBay. Does anyone ever hear of use this product? Can I get some reference please?

I hope I can got some good advice from experts in here. I live in Indonesia by the way and spare parts of Mazda Tribute is very rare and most of the time I have to imported from the USA.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:22 PM

Finally fixed even dough its not yet 100% but its much much better...

Last edited by CyberDaeng; 05-12-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by CyberDaeng
Finally fixed even dough its not yet 100% but its much much better...
Good thing! That saves my reading the whole doctor thesis you wrote.