Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

2002 Mazda Tribute V6

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Post 2002 Mazda Tribute V6

Hi, my engine light comes on. I clear the code 01/01 can`t find out what this code is I drive a mile or two down the road and yes the light is back on
Is there anyone out there who knows what this code is or the cause of this Please?
Is there a way to cheat and turn off this annoying engine light?

Why I ask is, my son has a Ford Mondeo that shows an engine service light ON when he services it. He holds down the foot brake and clutch pedals together, turns his ignition on and after a few seconds diagnostic lights appear on the dashboard and OUT goes his engine service light

Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Do they have OBDII code scanners in your country?

Why would you want to cheat on your on board diagnostics. It's telling you something is not alright.

Is this a father like son kind of situation?

Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 PM

The codes between the US, and europe are different. You will need to find out what the code means.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by tanprotege
Do they have OBDII code scanners in your country?

Why would you want to cheat on your on board diagnostics. It's telling you something is not alright.

Is this a father like son kind of situation?
Yes I own a OBDII code scanner

My reason for asking this is that when I read the codes on my Ford/Mazda Probe V6 to clear the codes you needed the remove the (-) neg battery terminal and hold down or pump the foot brake pedal for a few mins.

It`s not the case of cheating, I can not find 01/01 code in the booklet of codes supplied with my OBDII diagnostic code scanner or on the internet. It is just annoying that the engine light is ON and the car is running OK.

After my son completes a full service, his car is still showing that it still needs to be serviced. That is the reason for him to put the light out.

Last edited by turboturney; 05-10-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Question

Originally Posted by Kevinkpk
The codes between the US, and europe are different. You will need to find out what the code means.
My mechanic and my local mazda dealer are investigating this code and I am going to get a mobile diagnostics agent to call and check this out.
I do not want to randomly replace parts (co sensors ect.) that do not need to be replaced. This would be to costly

Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by turboturney
Yes I own a OBDII code scanner

My reason for asking this is that when I read the codes on my Ford/Mazda Probe V6 to clear the codes you needed the remove the (-) neg battery terminal and hold down or pump the foot brake pedal for a few mins.

It`s not the case of cheating, I can not find 01/01 code in the booklet of codes supplied with my OBDII diagnostic code scanner or on the internet. It is just annoying that the engine light is ON and the car is running OK.

After my son completes a full service, his car is still showing that it still needs to be serviced. That is the reason for him to put the light out.
Alright, I see.

Typically the codes don't have a dash. Maybe the 01/01 is actually the P0101:
P0101 Trouble Code - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Old 05-11-2013, 05:37 AM

Alright, I see.

Well thank you very much for your time and knowledge to find the meaning and reason to this code. I should now be able to solve the problem and hopefully extinguish the engine light.

I am most grateful Thank You tanprotege

Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM

Alright, I see.

tanprotege put me on the right track
Today I removed the MAF sensor and gave it a good spraying with Air Flow Sensor cleaner. When it was dry I replaced it. I then pulled the EEC fuse and returned it to clear any codes. Started the engine and went for a long drive.
NO ENGINE CHECK LIGHT
Finally after 3 years of owning this car, I am driving it with no engine check light on and with the full performance of a Mazda Tribute V6
THANK YOU all - Problem solved

Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 PM

Like Edd China would say: faaaan-tastic!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 AM

I spoke to soon that dam light is back on and showing the same code

Quick Reply: 2002 Mazda Tribute V6