Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

2001 Mazda Tribute No Power on ignition

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Default 2001 Mazda Tribute No Power on ignition

I replaced the battery as Auto Zone said it was bad after three years - not the problem, bad alternator - replaced it. Drove it for two days. Went out to start it up. Everything is dead (meaning no display lights, no locks, no lights and no radio - nothing electrical). Battery is good - had it checked. I looked through the fuses and they look good. Put the car in a neutral and still nothing, so not any of those issues. I keep reading its a ground problem most likely but man having a hell of time finding it. going to pull the wheel off and double check that connection to the alternator are tight (The battery and alternator only two items I messed with).

Last edited by hhofarm; 12-06-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by hhofarm
I replaced the battery as Auto Zone said it was bad after three years - not the problem, bad alternator - replaced it. Drove it for two days. Went out to start it up. Everything is dead (meaning no display lights, no locks, no lights and no radio - nothing electrical). Battery is good - had it checked. I looked through the fuses and they look good. Put the car in a neutral and still nothing, so not any of those issues. I keep reading its a ground problem most likely but man having a hell of time finding it. going to pull the wheel off and double check that connection to the alternator are tight (The battery and alternator only two items I messed with).

Problems been resolved. See if it happens again.