Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

'04 Tribute 3.0 Vacuum Line?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Default '04 Tribute 3.0 Vacuum Line?

-Hey there. New user here. I was checking my Brother-in-law's Tribute because it was running a bit rough and his mileage had dropped a bit. I had him stop to get the code scanned, (sorry, I forget what the code # was) but they told him it was something relating to the EGR valve, possibly including the gas cap. They told him to check the vacuum lines too. I found this while checking around. For the life of me I can't seem to find where it goes. I've done about everything except stand on my head. I can't find another broken line, a splice or tee to another line, or even a port where this one should connect. You can tell that the line hasn't been torn or cut recently. Does anyone here have a clue as to where it goes? It's about 3 or 4 inches down from the transmission fluid dipstick, as you can see. Any help is greatly appreciated...

L8R,
Matt

Last edited by MattyD.; 06-26-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Banned

When all else fails, PLUG IT!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 PM

-I don't feel any vacuum from that line when I put my finger over it. That's what is bugging me. I can't find where it's supposed to be connected, or what is supposed to be connected to it.

L8R,
Matt

Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 AM

Where is it coming out of?
I can't make out which area under the hood we are looking at. This could be the transmission breather tube.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 AM

What tanprotage says. Here are pictures of my 2002 Tribute V6 Auto '04 Tribute 3.0 Vacuum Line?-sam_0001.jpg'04 Tribute 3.0 Vacuum Line?-sam_0002.jpg note the pipe is held to the dip stick tube by clips and it is U-shaped at the top of it. It seems to lead down to the gearbox.

Last edited by turboturney; 06-27-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Just learning about uploading and posting pictures
Old 06-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned

Vaccuum Line: To Be or Not To Be . Guess it's not to be! WhoDaThunk a Breather line! Wow, kudos to other responders!
Looks like not a vaccuum line!
Don't plug breather lines!

Old 06-27-2013, 01:36 PM

-Thanks a bunch, guys. At least I now know that line is supposed to end like that. I didn't plug it because there wasn't any vacuum going through it. Never saw a tranny breather line like that before. I did find that the line connector coming from the front of the engine and going to the MAF sensor (?), between the filter box and intake, was torn in half. I think I read somewhere on here I believe that someone fixed theirs by replacing it with an angled spark plug boot. I taped it temporarily to see if there would be any difference, but I told him that it will definitely have to be replaced. I'll call him later to see if his Tribute is still acting the same way. Thanks again...

L8R,
Matt

Last edited by MattyD.; 06-27-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by MattyD.
-Thanks a bunch, guys. At least I now know that line is supposed to end like that. I didn't plug it because there wasn't any vacuum going through it. Never saw a tranny breather line like that before. I did find that the line connector coming from the front of the engine and going to the MAF sensor (?), between the filter box and intake, was torn in half. I think I read somewhere on here I believe that someone fixed theirs by replacing it with an angled spark plug boot. I taped it temporarily to see if there would be any difference, but I told him that it will definitely have to be replaced. I'll call him later to see if his Tribute is still acting the same way. Thanks again...

L8R,
Matt
I believe you are referring to the PCV line. I wouldn't be surprised if Noggin had a comment to that.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tanprotege
I believe you are referring to the PCV line. I wouldn't be surprised if Noggin had a comment to that.
Yeah, My FAV PET PEEVE----the PCV valve & line, you know the one that Mazda never ever ever checks or changes.
If you haven't changed it, change it now.
My brain is on overload today doing many minor changes on Marken Site, and i'm still doing it, but site overloaded so have to wait.
Carry On!

Old 06-16-2023, 01:39 PM

where is it connected to on the top? would you mind taking a picture with more lights? the hose is the same as mine, i know where is it coming from on the bottom but i am not seeing anything that goes into on the top. because of that i am loosing power i got p2197 code that related to o2 sensor. i would appreciate the picture thank you.

Quick Reply: '04 Tribute 3.0 Vacuum Line?