Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

Where to purchase a RENESIS motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Default Where to purchase a RENESIS motor?

Is there is a website that I can purchase the engine or do I have to go directly to mazda? If, so does anyone know how much it would cost?

Old 09-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Default RE: Where to purchase a RENESIS motor?

Try giving Mazmart a call. 770-455-4848. Make sure you ask for Paul.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:49 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a 4Rotor RX8 motor other than a Mazda Store. Spending $4000 is my last option. I am doing heavy tuning and I dont like to put in too much money into my car if Ido not need to. Also, The 4Rotor is just a better motor.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Why not simply Google ....4 Rotor RX8.... i think mine came up with 197,000 responses, not sure how many are valid but it's also another place to start. But to talk about putting in a 4 rotor engine into a RX8 and in the same post say you want to do it cheap(?) is like a non starter, more a kids dream. A bigger engine will require chassis changes, different engine compartment bracing, bigger brakes, transmission changes, suspension changes, fuel system and electrical changes......... I could go on and on assuming you expect to license it and drive it on the street afterwards if you plan to race it fine, but you will need to meet even more stringent requirements, I sure as hell wouldn't get on the track with or race some ones car who tried to do everything on the cheap. Simply to turbo the current engine can cost from $3k to $12k. The tires on my car are rated at 168mph (those alone can start at $800 ttl.) what do you plan to put on yours??? Moding any car, well, is a long expensive road to go down especially for a car which isn't very common.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 PM

I tired google, but the responses weren't reliable. its $4000 to buy from a mazda dealership for a 4 rotor i knwo a two rotor cant be much less from Mazda, however, u might as well spend 4000 and get a more powerful engine. Also to get a new engine from mazda u need to give them the core to your older one, what they do is rebuild it and sell it again, i tried everythign i could to get an engine to put on my bike but they wouldnt have it. If anyone knows where i can get a 4rotor for cheaper than $4 large please let me know, im a very big tuner and really would like to get my hands on one and one from mazda is my last choice even if they can warranty it. Also you dont have to change any suspension or engine braces or anything, i looked into that, the only thing you need to do is get a different intake, if you get it done at Mazda they put in all the electrical equipment, re work the ECU and thats it. Moding a car with products from US companies such as Greddy, HKS, Stillen, or any well known companies such as those cost a lot. I get all my parts directly from Japan. Its cheaper and there is no limit to how much power you can get from these engines. I've done all my research before I bought a rotory car. They are really hard to find but once you do the power gains are incredible.