Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

RX8 not the same after 40k service

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Default RX8 not the same after 40k service

HI all,

I am looking for some help here. A few days ago I took my 2007 RX8 in for its 40k service and it hasnt been the same since.
After picking it back up i noticed it felt different. less power, oil pressure gauge was sitting higher (only slightly) than before with the engine on, and under acceleration the engine sounds quite a bit more throaty.

Although It seems to drive fine with no idle problems or roughness.

I called and explained the above to Mazda the day after picking it up and was told that it didnt seem like there was much wrong. Obviously it was my feeling about how the car felt performance wise and the oil pressure gauge sitting slightly higher is not really a cause for concern.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms or any ideas on what my problem could be?

I have had various thoughts from it being a problem with the intake/air filter system that would change the sound of the car under acceleration, to they used the wrong oil when they changed the oil which could also contribute to a different sound and sluggish performance.... couldn't it?

Mazda said they were happy to take a look under the bonnet but my faith in this service centre is not high and I dont want to be taking it back and forth until one of the service technicians finally figure out what went wrong as has already happened to me in the past with the same service centre on a separate issue. I am starting to second guess myself so thought i would ask here if there was anyone who could help.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Take it somewhere else and explain the same situation to the technician. Good Luck.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 AM

they may have reflashed the engine computer / trans or something similar.
What were the specific things they did for service? Running through those systems to see if they forgot to plug something back in would be a good place to start.