Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

Manual rx8 2008 sulphur smell no engine check lights

Old 12-17-2016, 05:39 AM
Lightbulb Manual rx8 2008 sulphur smell no engine check lights

Hi everyone/anyone I'm new to this forum aswell as newer rotarys and I have a problem-No check lights and the rotten egg smell that used to mean my skyline had a cat problem (I was a Nismo girl still am a little) but I've now been told it may be my clutch? As it's Xmas I can't get it in till after Xmas and am worried that I could do damage if I keep driving it-It's last service was a month ago and everything was fine-It sometimes stalls in first or reverse which I attributed to my driving/getting used to this clutch as my Silvia was completely different to drive but I've had it for just over a month and I usually only take 30mims to get used to a new car lol,Anyway I accidentally used 91 gas a few weeks again instead of 96 but I should have burnt that out by now I also used partial synthetic oil as that was what I was told by the local rotar mech,It also so clicks a little when changing gears I don't no if this is normal for rotates but it was normal for all my other cars(I've learnt now rotarys are so different lol)

So to recap...
No engine check lights
Occasional egg smell on startup & once after a 1hr drive in hot weather
Slight click/clunk as I change gears (not between gears but as I'm changing)
Occasional stall in first or reverse (could be my shocking driving)
Wrong gas a few weeks ago and partial synth oil (pretty sure it's not the oil)
Any help would be more than appreciated-MERRY CHRISTMAS