Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

help me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Default help me!!!!

alright, hi.
i have a 2000 mazda protege 1.6L. it has 160,000 miles on it

while im driving my my car like shakes or jolts. like its trying to go but cant. but this is not while im taking off from a stop this is while im going at a steady speed.

some times while this is happening the O/D of light and battery light flickers really fast.

also when i come to a stop my RPMs go very low sometimes causing my car to turn off. i have to put my car in neutral or park and start it back up. BUT when i have my A/C on or my heater its fine most of the time

also sometimes while im driving my battery light comes on and all my lights get really bright and then the light goes off.

i just replaced the battery, one of the belts, all four plugs, and both boots for the coils.

PLEASE help me

Old 03-24-2009, 08:38 PM

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong -- but I don't think you'll get an answer to this problem on a forum. It sounds like you have an intermittent electrical short circuit and you need to find a service tech that is familiar with your wiring harness to locate it. After you find it, it might be a very simple repair -- or not.

The fact that it is less likely to happen when you run your heat or A/C could mean that it is being affected by the position of your vent flap linkage. That might be a good place to start looking for damaged wire insulation or a loose electrical connector. It could even be a problem with your voltage regulator. If you don't know much about electronics, then you probably need the assistance of someone who does.