Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Two Questions...

Old 06-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Default Two Questions...

First and Foremost: I own a 2002 Mazda Protege ES 4dr Sedan.

My first questions deals with my car audio.

I need to know if a Pioneer FH-P5000MP would fit the double DIN slot in my car... and where I could find a cheap dash kit and wiring harness for it. Ultimate Electronics rips my ***** off when it comes to prices.

Second Question:

At random times when I am driving, my "AT" (Automatic Transaxle) light and the "check engine" light comes on... and I can feel this wierd shift it my transmission. After this happens, it takes a lot to accelerate my car... it seems to go very slow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Default RE: Two Questions...

the radio will fit, and i suggest that you get the dash kit from circuit city, and also get the smart cables.......there will be two different cables that you buy, one that plugs into the back of your aftermarket radio, and then the other will plug into the factory wiring harness, and the opposite ends of each plug together. it makes for a completely splice free connection, which saves you time and also is a safety factor, that way everything is exact, no guesswork, no chance of fires from bad splices and the etc.......... the dash kit usually costs about 15 bucks for most cars, just tell them that you are going from a double din opening to a single din aftermarket unit when you buy it, and the smart cables are usually about 15 dollars each, so for about 45 bucks, you can have a easy, professional appearing, and very quick install. with these three pieces, you usually spend no more than 15-20 minutes from start to finish. hope that helps.