Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

READY TO MODIFY MY PROTEGE, WHERE TO START

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Default Single most effective upgrade

What would you say is the single most effective/efficient upgrade from stock?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 PM

this thread was very helpful, my family has an 07 mazda 6 and it is a GREAT car im trying to decide between an 06 mazda protege manual. and a 04 mazda 6 automatic, id like to stay with a manual because my first two cars where maual but i want a well tempered DD car, i dont want it to be a pooch. cause i drive an acura integra rite now and its quick but not fast.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by viperpit07
this thread was very helpful, my family has an 07 mazda 6 and it is a GREAT car im trying to decide between an 06 mazda protege manual. and a 04 mazda 6 automatic, id like to stay with a manual because my first two cars where maual but i want a well tempered DD car, i dont want it to be a pooch. cause i drive an acura integra rite now and its quick but not fast.
What is a "06 mazda protege manual"?

Old 07-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
What is a "06 mazda protege manual"?
2003 mazda protege sorry guys, i was kinda out of it, my bad they only made those till 03 lol

Old 07-20-2011, 02:14 PM

2003 mazda protege sorry guys, i was kinda out of it, my bad they only made those till 03 lol
Ahhh, got it.

Originally Posted by variousred
What would you say is the single most effective/efficient upgrade from stock?
Upgrades depend upon what you're looking for:
  • Handling: a set of 16" to 17" (absolutely no larger) alloy wheels, some good rubber to wrap around them and then some driving lessons.
  • Power: a turbocharger.
Simple as that.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Default 2003 Mazda Protege 2.0l, Engine Swap

My son currently owns a 2003 Mazda Protege 2.0L SE with a 5MT. He accidently purchased a 2003 1.6L engine that came off of a similar car with 5MT and we quickly realized that a direct swap would not work because transmission does not line up with the block. The engine has close to 50K miles and is in great shape. I've heard that I can make the swap but would require some modifications. Can someone provide feedback as to what modification are required? I basically need to know if the following items would need to be changed to make the swap work: drive shafts; motor and transmission mounts, ECM, wiring harness, and transmission and linkage?

Old 05-13-2012, 05:44 PM

Hey guys, I just have a general question about the stereo system. I've been playing music off my phone through an FM transmitter and I've been getting pretty tired off the poor quality. Is there any way possible of fitting an AUX system in the stock stereo? (May sound like a stupid question...) If it isn't, what do you recommend for a stereo? Single din or double? I would imagine double is easier to install because the stock stereo is double but they are almost double the price too.

Thanks

Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 PM

im not sure if this is the rite place to ask but, would anyone know if a 1.6 head would fit on the Z5 block? ive heard it will, but i am still asking around cause im looking to get an aftermarket head for my 96 protege

Old 01-30-2014, 06:34 PM

Do you have any recommendations for the IHE setup? what I might look at spending?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:39 PM

i have recently bought a 1997 mazda protoge and ive been doing alot of reading online is my protoge even worth moding?

Quick Reply: READY TO MODIFY MY PROTEGE, WHERE TO START