Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Help!! How to disable auto door locks unlocking when turning off car

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Default Help!! How to disable auto door locks unlocking when turning off car

My son purchased a 1999 Protege. There is no key fob, just a key, and the drivers side door had to be replaced with same model door. The person who did it obviously tried to reconnect the lock mechanism, because when you use the button on the door to lock/unlock the doors, all of the door locks go about 1/4 of the way down. Using the locks manually wouldn't be a big deal, but there is one annoying consequence:

When you turn the car off, all the door locks unlock, thus causing the driver to have to reach around and lock all of the doors. Is there anyway to disable this?

If it helps, when starting the car or pressing the lock/unlock button, there is a motor type sound coming from left rear passenger door like its trying to fire and close all the locks (I'm guessing).

Thanks for the help! (And keep in mind I know nothing about cars if you have a solution to post, lol).