Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

HELP 03 Protege5 Tail lights, ac/heater and Dash light wont turn on

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Question HELP 03 Protege5 Tail lights, ac/heater and Dash light wont turn on

Hi my name is Tommy, Im new to this site, I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2003 Mazda Protege5,

Heres what happened, one day all the following just wont turn on anymore, all 3 happened at the same exact time.

~rear tail lights wont turn on (NOTE: my brake lights and signal lights still work....)
~ AC/Heater/Fan will not work anymore, the lights wont turn on and when I turn the ***** nothing happens. (NOTE: my radio still works, lights and all)
~ My dash light no longer turns on (NOTE: my odometer still works and the little notification lights still work IE: seat-belt, BRAKE, Check Engine etc.)

I have checked both fuse boxes ( under the dash and under the hood) no fuse seems to be blown.

I have no clue why or how this happened.

Whats worse is i recently got pulled over for a fixing ticket due to the lights not working.

Thank you for any input, its greatly appreciated.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:57 AM

Check your fuses again. Most cars are electrically designed to ensure you are not put into a dangerous situations. The dash lights and rear tail lights are usually wired together and are part of the same fuse circuit. This way if your dash lights don't turn on you can't drive very well in the dark and you know immediately that you have a problem. Pull the fuse out and check for any breaks in the wire.