Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Electric Door Lock- Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Default Electric Door Lock- Actuator

Hi,

I own a 1999 Protege. The passenger rear side door's lock stopped working (electronic locks). It just makes a terrible noise. I have taken to my mechanic and he says the actuator is gone.

Can these be bought used? Are they very diffucult to install ? Anywhere I can find schematics and part numbers? The cost to have it doen at the dealer is $$$

Thanks!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Default RE: Electric Door Lock- Actuator

Runner,

I have the Protege 2000 DX and just recently, I hear a grinding like motor sound coming from Passenger Side Door when Locks, Lock & Unlock. It's the Actuator. I googled it. But to find the right one for our cars is the key (no pun intended). I have not found the exact part as of yet. There are many universal ones that say they will work. They are about $20. MY problem is just an internittant sound right now. The Lock works. But mine like yours, is probably going to go anyday.

Dino

Old 06-22-2007, 03:05 PM

Dealer willlist as spendy because the parts computer shows that the entire lock/latch assembly for rear doors is only available for 99 and 2000 Protege and retails for almost $100. Does not show that the lock motor is available as a separate part until 2001 model year and yet the part number for the assembly is identical. This means that you can get just the electrical actuator for a 2001-2003 and it will fit your 99-2000. Actuator is very easy to replace. Once the latch assembly is removed from door it is only two phillips screws to r and r for replace of actuator.
Part number for right rear actuator is b25e-72-350 and left side is b25e-73-350 with dealer retail list at $48.80. Little cheaper at www.onlinemazdaparts.com for $39.04

Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 PM

Baby Huey,

What would anybody on this site do without you ?

YOUR THE MAN !

Dino

Old 06-27-2007, 02:47 PM

I need the front passenger actuator. Is this a different part number?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Thank Dino . Helps quite a bit to have unlimited access to Mazda parts computer[8D].

Same situation applies to the lock motor not showing to be available for front doors on 99-2000 Protege but being available for 2001 and later. Entire latch assembly is $85.40 but lock controller is a bit less at $53.30 and even less at $42.64 from www.onlinemazdaparts.com. Use OE part number bj3d-58-350 for the right front lock motor.

Sure you have a DX Dino? I thought all of the DX models only came without power locks and parts computer is saying the same thing. Not an aftermarket add on is it??

Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 PM

thanks again baby huey for that part number. i bought my dx from a friend. believe it or not, the door windows have the old wind up handles and it has auto power door lock, fog lights and a killer sony xplod stereo with ipod hookup. he did other upgrades like the rear lights, larger tiresas well. i cannot take responsibility for these upgrades or mods. But I love them. Thanks again.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:02 PM

Pardon me for upping an old thread, but what are the odds someone knows the part # for the driver's side actuator? My GF's got a 2000 Protege that the actuator's hosed in the driver's door...

Thanks!

D.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 PM

hi fox I'm new in here and i need help with my Mazda protege 99 lx, my front driver side power lock or the actuator is not working, i cant even open d door i was lucky that i was able to took out the panel before it stopped working, now i don't know where i can order that part cheaper than d dealer because the dealer is asking a crazy price like $136, i live in new york, any suggestion or web site where i can order it for cheaper price, thanks a lot in advance

Old 06-05-2010, 03:25 PM

Aloha all, sorry for the late response. My beloved mica blk 03 Pro 5, passenger side right rear door lock stopped working. All of sudden, it started making a quick stuttering sound when I click the fob to lock or unlock the doors. For now, till I get the bucks. I'd like to disconnect that right rear door's actuator fm the circuit. Is it a complicated procedure? Would very much appreciate any and all advice you could give. Mahalo for your time amd patience.

V/R

kt

Quick Reply: Electric Door Lock- Actuator