Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

turn signal woas

Old 01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Default turn signal woas

92 b2200

alright after discovering my driver side front signal wiring and socket have been ripped out the back. i didnt do this my self, i bought it like this. i was playing with the wiring trying to figure out what wires went where. now my passenger side front doenst work either. so rather then replace both harnesses what im wondering is, is it possibble to re wire the turn signals into the corner markers beside thehead lights? this would save me the money and time trying to fix those (currently have a warning for an out head light, fixed but out of money for more parts!)

Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Default RE: turn signal woas

right well im not 100% sure how the wiring originally is supposed to be. this thing has been butchered prettybad. but i "rewired" it in my eyes. saved myself some money and possibley another ticket! HA! they dont stay on like thay would anytime u have the lights on but i have ledgitimate turn signals that might even be better then the little tiny ones in the bumper. no if only i could figure out how to wire it up more so that the lights would stay on then flash when i put the turn signals on! would be even better!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:14 PM

you cant make the parking light do both because its a single filiment bulb. you would need to use a trailer wiring harness to make it work. try to get your hands on a wiring diagram and see whats wrong with the turn signals. use a test light and see if your getting power to it and if not then work your way back to the switch. i know this is obvious but did you check the fuses and make sure the bulb is good?

Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM

nothing is wrong with the turn signal switch trust me.i tried a brand new bulb and got nothing. dont need a test light to tell me somehting is wrong there. this is one of those situations where everything was working just fine until i touched it. the connectorsinbetween are heavily corroded. a couple of them fell apart in my hand. and thats the good wiring. the driver side has been butchered and hacked together so much its unbelievable. iv got cut wires here there and everywhere else some have been pieced back together. and some others i dont even know where they go.

but i achieved what i need to do. a couple nights ago got a ticket for an out head light. in order to have it removed i needed to fix it with in 3 days. turned out thats was poor wiring, and rotton connectors too.and to avoid another ticket for an out turn signal, i set out to fix it to discover nothing was there to fix. at any rate i made it work lol. ill do a good job on everything when i ahve more time and money.