Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

transmission help

Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Default transmission help

Heres a question for you mechanics. I have a 91 Mazda pickup. Here is some background on it. I just got it about a month back. I had the carb changed out to a webber, and the carb had the wrong jets. But I am suppose to be having the correct ones sent to me. I got a mechanic to put it on and give it a tune up,going through it. Anyway before today it would run after it was warmed up, it run rough probably due to the jets and the choke needs some adjustments. Today I drove it to work and the same old crap. But the difference today it got to where it wouldn't hardly pull. The engine was running fine after a while but I had to go to about 3-4 k rpm to get it to pull at times compared to 1500-3k rpm normally. But it wasn't slipping. It seemed to run fine just no power to get up the hills and it got to where I couldn't get it over 30-40. I checked the transmission stick and I think it needs some. I can't tell if it has enough or that when I put the stick in after cleaning it that it gets some on it making me think it has some. I am thinking that it gets some on it throwing me off. What do you think folks. It got to where it wouldn't go over 60 then 50 and now about 30. But engine wise it runs smooth. I am going down the road to a store when it opens and get some tranny fluid just to see. I had a caviler that did the exact same thing and I added tranny fluid and it worked great until I solid it about 5 years later.

Update, I checked it again and it looked low. I went to get some fluid and put it in at the store. It seemed to run better but may still be low a little. I will check it out again when it has time for the fluid I put in to run down the tube.