Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Need some help with timming belt stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Default Need some help with timming belt stuff

Hey guys, I am a student and new to the forum. I need some help big time. I was drinving along in my 1994 mazda B2300 2.3 L doing about 40kms all the sudden the Fu*^ing timing blet broke I am sure a few of you guys can relate how frustruating it is, I would like to do the repair myself as I have ok mechanical appitude and have done engine swaps, transmission clutch, lines electrical, etc... except I have never delt with the internal workings of an engine nor the timing belts. I enjoy working on trucks and its cheaper if I do it as well. The probem is that I am having trouble re-aligning and finding the marks, I cant find them what do they look like? the manual only helps so much. I dont know much about timing belts in general I have never done one, any tips and tricks or break downs for my engine would be very much appreciated. I am lost with the whole thing but really would like to learn how to fix the beast. Again thanks